Emax Press Investment question

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering for those doing Emax Press what Investment material are you using.

Im currently using the IPS PressVest Speed, which is a very nice investment and the results are great however its extremely expensive.

Anyone using something different and getting nice results.

Ive tried a few others so far, Microstar HSPC and my standard C&B investment but the results around the margins left a lot to be desired.

Thanks
Tony

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering for those doing Emax Press what Investment material are you using.

Im currently using the IPS PressVest Speed, which is a very nice investment and the results are great however its extremely expensive.

Ive tried a few others so far, Microstar HSPC and my standard C&B investment but the results around the margins left a lot to be desired.

Thanks
Tony

Whipmix Formula !

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Ok thanks boys, ill give my local rep a buzz and see if i can get some to try.

Just as a matter of interest, have either of you used the IPS PressVest Speed by any chance?

Just did some maths and PressVest Speed works out at $11.60 a 100g bag.

Formula is around $2.60 Big difference if it produces the same results

Cheers

Tony

Last edited:
Z

zena

Reaction score
I've used the IPS Press Vest speed stuff, It worked fine. I had more problems with their regular investment the one for overnight burnout, so I stop using Ivoclars investment. I use Microstar for all my pressables.

Last edited:
Z

zena

Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks
Tony
What was the result around the margins? Chipped?

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
What was the result around the margins? Chipped?

Yeah chicken, they seemed to be sort of chipped and very sharp/jagged, certainly nothing like what i waxed up.

I thought originally maybe i had over blasted the crowns but i take extreme care when devesting and only use glass bead at 1 Bar near the margins.

Its possible it was a technique thing as i only tried the MicroStar just the once, not sure what i could have done wrong though

Z

zena

Reaction score
Yeah chicken, they seemed to be sort of chipped and very sharp/jagged, certainly nothing like what i waxed up.

I thought originally maybe i had over blasted the crowns but i take extreme care when devesting and only use glass bead at 1 Bar near the margins.

Its possible it was a technique thing as i only tried the MicroStar just the once, not sure what i could have done wrong though
I find with mircostar it has to be very well handmixed before heading to the whip mixer. If not I get funny spikey things on my margins, I call it flash when I see it. When I do that 30second good hand mix I don't have that promblem.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok thanks boys, ill give my local rep a buzz and see if i can get some to try.

Just as a matter of interest, have either of you used the IPS PressVest Speed by any chance?

Just did some maths and PressVest Speed works out at $11.60 a 100g bag.

Formula is around $2.60 Big difference if it produces the same results

Cheers

Tony
Where are you located? I just got a box of pressvest for $144. It has 50
100g pkgs. thats $2.88 per bag.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Where are you located? I just got a box of pressvest for $144. It has 50
100g pkgs. thats $2.88 per bag.

Hmm seems like im getting rogered :p

Im in Australia Al and it costs me $292.88 for 25 x 100g bags inc liquid :mad::mad: to be delivered to the Lab

D

dhdc

Reaction score
I posted a similar thread to this a while back,im from Aus and we are paying the same for pressvest speed,it i s soooooo over priced,,,,,,,but,i have just finished a box of Microstar and the time it has taken to get the margins right after pressing with Microstar it is not worth the saving.I just make sure i always press wuth 3 units in one ring,or re press with the emax button.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Yeah I tried a lot of different investments, none gave the consistently good results for me compared to the IPS press vest speed so I have stuck with it

doug

doug

Reaction score
We use Microstar exclusively for all ceramic and do both fast-fire and over night with it. We haven't see any problems with the investment, even in the margin areas. Our only real problem was when our muffle in the EP500 started to go out. Once that was replaces and calibrated, we were back on track. We do use the Aquaspense from Whipmix to measure all of our liquids for investing and have a VPM2 for mixing. Both very consistent.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think you Aussies should pay twice as much as everyone else!

Serves you right for giving us that band 'Air Supply"...of course I guess I should blame Celine Dion for the same reason:canada:

A

AL1

Reaction score
I use microstar for everything and it worked great from day one.