EMAX help single central

A

AL1

Reaction score
I need to know if you can mix white essence with incisal to block translucency or would I be better off using ltbl1 body porc. mixed with enamel or should I use white essence as my foundation bake?
What I am trying to do is raise the value just a tad.
I pressed out of the new high value ingot to get a little more translucency with a cutback to bake and try and get a bl3 shade. They changed the shade on me twice, but bl3 looks very good.I mixed some oe4 with some bl Incisal. Its so close. I just need to brighten it a bit.
I can take off what I have done and re bake.
Dont ask what I am trying to accomplish, I am not sure.
I think the first crown I did was just fine but the mother of the patient didnt like it, to opaque she said. I adjusted shade, now its to gray.
So I re pressed. Took some pictures and I am back to square one.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
can you post the pics-
maybe we could help you a little more with some visual aid from the photos you have

Greg Amendola MDT

A

AL1

Reaction score
picture of central I am trying to match

In reference to my question emax shade help.To gray and for some reason to short.
Hope picture loaded
brady 001.jpg

A

AL1

Reaction score
The first one was pressed out of ltbl4 but mother thought it was to opaque.
It actually looked pretty good.

C

charles007

Reaction score
What is the stump shade..........must be really dark

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
enamel on #9 appears to be motteled. ie a combination of translucent and opaque enamel(opal) While your crown appears monochromatic, could be the lighting and the picture. You however, have to mimic that effect on #9. Since the patient is very young go towards a high value. You may have to lower the core value a tad and use trans opal where you need that particular effect, and higher value(opaque) opal where needed to mimic the pattern of #9. fire a couple of opal samples and check for accuracy before building the actual crn.

A

AL1

Reaction score
You are right there are horizontal white bands.I dont have stumph shade but I was told the prep is quit light.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I need to know if you can mix white essence with incisal to block translucency or would I be better off using ltbl1 body porc. mixed with enamel or should I use white essence as my foundation bake?
What I am trying to do is raise the value just a tad.
I pressed out of the new high value ingot to get a little more translucency with a cutback to bake and try and get a bl3 shade. They changed the shade on me twice, but bl3 looks very good.I mixed some oe4 with some bl Incisal. Its so close. I just need to brighten it a bit.
I can take off what I have done and re bake.
Dont ask what I am trying to accomplish, I am not sure.
I think the first crown I did was just fine but the mother of the patient didnt like it, to opaque she said. I adjusted shade, now its to gray.
So I re pressed. Took some pictures and I am back to square one.

I prob would have used a BL3 Lt and layered the facial.
You said the first crown BL4 looked good but needed more trans, why not add more trans to that one.
It is easy to lower the value or add trans but difficult to impossile to raise the value especially as much as you may need to do with the one in the pic.

A

AL1

Reaction score
The crown in the picture is coming off. I re pressed in the new high value ingot and layered with a mixture of oe4 and bleached enamel. Its very close. I was thinking of putting horizontal grooves in the crown and filling them with a mixture of either white essence and and bleached incisal or bl1 dentin and incisal 1 or 2 to create the horizontal white bands, leaving the slightly more trans in between because thats what it looks like.

A

AL1

Reaction score
The old crown is the one I tried to get more trans.After I got it back but lowered the value to much. Like I said before messing with it, it looked good, but mama didnt like it.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
but mama didnt like it.
and if mama aint happy aint nobody happy
would love to see when you are finished , please keep us in the loop on this on
best of luck pleasing mama

A

AL1

Reaction score
I think I am going to be a greeter at walmart.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Hang in there. The idea of cutting into the facial and filling with a higher value enamel would work. You can do it during the build or after initial build. I prefer to do it during the build (sparingly and different concentrations) then modify using a second bake. This varies the opacious areas and gives it a more natural look in my opinion. Like I said previously run some test samples of different concerations of high value enamel remember your formulas or mix enough for use on the crown. Fire those test samples and use as reference for the concentrations and placement. you can also use the essence and wash it in directly into the build, just make sure its diluted enough so as not to be too intense.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I pressed 2 crowns one cut back and one full. I took the full press and ditched it with horizontal trough`s and I am filling them in with varying degree`s of white bands. I did run a few test samples with different porcelains and white essence.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I pressed 2 crowns one cut back and one full. I took the full press and ditched it with horizontal trough`s and I am filling them in with varying degree`s of white bands. I did run a few test samples with different porcelains and white essence.

Great, keep us posted and please share the results.

C

cosmicsport

Reaction score
For a quick block out of incisal transl. mix glazepaste and Empress White + Creme together and carefully apply on the transl. area. Low add on fire it and the transl. is gone and looks motted

Top Bottom