Emax cracked

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"increase occlusal thickness to .8,"

Hope its not a posterior, you are REALLY pushing the boat if it is.

ivoclar sais 1.5

kois sais 1mm WITH dual cure resin.

Less than 1mm for posteriors is gonna come back to bite you.

if its anteriors then no problem.

G

Gaetano

Reaction score
Great news:) If you use a peg with refractory fixer on it, just make sure that the crown is not touching the peg. Cheers!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I fill the crown with wonder peg and stick it on a peg. Still get occasional cracks when going from overly thick to too thin areas.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Great news:) If you use a peg with refractory fixer on it, just make sure that the crown is not touching the peg. Cheers!

Thanks, I was thinking about that. I kinda wondered if that could be a possibilty.. There are so many things to consider. Sometimes I just get going and assume all will go as it usually does, ya know.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
I used to get a fair number of crowns crack, didnt matter how thick or thin it was.

I used to always think it was those thick in one area, thin in another posteriors.

After banging my head and trying a lot of different things, what has worked for me is to add a slow cool cycle to all my programs.

Now those thick/thin crowns dont crack anymore.

Makes each program a lot longer but i have not had 1 crack since doing it over 10 months ago.

Cheers
Tony

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Wow, if we were talking about porcelain fused to zirconia here , there would certain members on this site that would be all over this issue!

If you guys are sending out "repaired emax crowns" then stop it! Remake them if you have to.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks rkm. Im still scratching my head over this thread...I dont think i could get an e.max to crack if I tried.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I have never and would not repair a cracked emax. But I sure don't want to get anymore. Seems the consensus is 1. to not have a thinner area up against a thicker area.(although I've done this without a hitch many times.Why an occasional one develops a crack while staining or glazing?????) 2.slower cool and 3. use a custom peg material and make sure the unit is not touching the actual peg.

While the vast majority of emax don't require this kind of attention, there is never a good time to have a unit crack.

Still Love the material.