Emax multi, lines forming

M

Malcolm Graham

Reaction score
I have recently purchased new Ivoclar EP 3010 press. I have just pressed two crowns with the multi ingot and there is a line formed on both which looks like a crack at first. Both crowns had a thinner area of the crown where less tooth was prepared around the disto lingual margin.
At first I thought they were cracks and re-made them, but they formed again. I looked at them again under 20 times magnification and I could not see them.
I think they are lines formed from the ceramic meeting as it travels around the mold. Perhaps some of the enamel material is being pushed up to the margin here at the thinner area which will be restricted and the line forms.
Anyone else see this as well. I have tried Ivoclar but the Tec help are away on a course.

Thanks

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Yes. I occasionally see this. No trouble from it. I let one account know that it's an optical anomaly from the sprue technique and cannot always be avoided. I usually see it on large posterior preps with thin walls. I sprue mesial to keep line on distal lingual.

stonefly

stonefly

Reaction score
It's the material coming together.. Optical, the rods, not lining up... On regular press emax you may notice the sprue area is a little darker, when sprue angles are weird, and at times you will get the same lines.. Doctors may say it's cracked too. I notice them a lot more on Multi but usually appears interproximal.

M

Malcolm Graham

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. That's what I thought.
Malcolm

Top Bottom