E-max veneers over Zirconia framework

S

seanji

Reaction score
Hi, I am working on a case that I made E-max veneers over zirconia framework with pink porcelain. Any suggestions on cementation methods? Thank you.

Last edited:
Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Permacem2 from Zenith DMG ..... 0% expansion. good stick. Never put an expanding cement with glass ionomer under eMax or alumina. Permacem2 has glass ionomer, however the chemistry is created so that the expansion of the glass ionomer is offset by the equal shrinkage factor from the composite component.

Don't let Disturbed get ya down. The case will be solid as long as the eMax units are crowns that are 1.5mm thick in the central fossa areas of posterior.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Veneers need 1.5 lingual reduction, MINIMUM. VERY rounded incisal edges, no sharp internal edges. At least 4mm of lingual wrap. IMO its too technique sensitive for most and if you are here asking questions.......

S

seanji

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. Isn't this just same thing as e-max crown over zirconia implant? I just talked to Zircon Zahn and they recommended to sand blast the cementation area of the zirconia framework and then apply multilink from ivoclar or any other light cure cement for emax.

S

seanji

Reaction score
Yes i did prep the zirconia frame with lingual wrap and no sharp internal edges

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Permacem2 from Zenith DMG ....

Don't let Disturbed get ya down. The case will be solid as long as the eMax units are crowns that are 1.5mm thick in the central fossa areas of posterior.

Bobby, you are one of the few here that i believe could make this last 5+ years..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi, I am working on a case that I made E-max veneers over zirconia framework with pink porcelain. Any suggestions on cementation methods? Thank you.

Why don't you bake the emax porcelain directly to the zirconia?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Why don't you bake the emax porcelain directly to the zirconia?

one possible reason would be for the sake of failure. in the case of an abutment with coping, porcelain or emax over the coping then the crown can break, and it will be just the crown that needs a remake instead of the abutment plus the crown.

baking the emax to the abutment would result in a double remake.

apply same logic to re-shading, or to the use of long term temps. no need for second abutment.