e.max stain & glaze posterior

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Russ you fell aspleep :sleep:2 ;)

He was using MO mostly for anterior stuff and fully layering.

For posteriors his using HT 1 shade brighter than the required shade and using GC luster glaze.

Once the multi layered ingots launch in the summer alot of this could change again.

Whitlab: good to hear there are some other techs in the UK getting some quality education, where in the UK are you and how were the facilities at Oliver's in germany, ill hopefully make it out there too, in the not to distant future.

Thanks Paul !:) Sleep is good at times !! Great thread.....

P

paulg100

Reaction score
I might have been dozing too, but the time difference meant it was mid afternoon for me when we were sitting in the lecture theater :)

I came to far for a siesta :p

The only thing distracting me was getting another dessert down me, dont think ive ever eaten so many till i went to IDEA :eating:

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Paul,

I am up in Manchester, small lab of 2 techs. Olivers lab is very nice will try and dig out some pics to post.

off topic;

would just like say although i am a little shy to post i have been a member of this site for around 18 months now but have noticed in particular the last seven or so months this site has really grown and matured into something quite unique in our industry

thank you all for your contributions

i will try and participate a little more, may even have the courage to post pics of my work..........one day

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Paul,

off topic;

would just like say although i am a little shy to post i have been a member of this site for around 18 months now but have noticed in particular the last seven or so months this site has really grown and matured into something quite unique in our industry

I blame Jackson...........he's making us all grow up (except for Scott).:rolleyes:

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I don't wanna grow up I'm a DLN kid.... theres just so many porcelains I can play with......funny :D remember the toys r'us song

Off topic, so bad of me...

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
I might have been dozing too, but the time difference meant it was mid afternoon for me when we were sitting in the lecture theater :)

I came to far for a siesta :p

The only thing distracting me was getting another dessert down me, dont think ive ever eaten so many till i went to IDEA :eating:

You came from the most distance! Very impressive!
Here is a reminder of our last Course dinner...... EXCELLENT !! As was everything at the IDEA Center.

Russ
IMG_0152.jpg

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Russ you fell aspleep :sleep:2 ;)

He was using MO mostly for anterior stuff and fully layering.

For posteriors his using HT 1 shade brighter than the required shade and using GC luster glaze.

Update on my trial molar !!! The front desk didn't give enough appointment time for the Dr. to take pics !!! :( He did try it in but felt it was to opaque looking so cemented the PFM. You guys were right !! :)

Here is a bicuspid I just finished using HT..... Looks ok.
Bicuspid VSC 6.001.jpg Bicuspid VSC 6.002.jpg Bicuspid VSC 6.003.jpg Bicuspid VSC 6.004.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
HT is fine for stain and glaze on multi unit cases.

For the most part with single crowns it will look to translucent, LT will be to opaque. Untill the Polychromatic ingots are released theres no easy option but buccal layering for single units most of the time for higher end stuff.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Paul, I layered these after pressing with MO O...... Only layered the buccal.
Shade requested was OM3, increase chroma by 50% with the value of B-1....
e.max posterior.001.jpg IMG_5968.jpg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Nice work as always Russ.

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Rob, you're correct. HO has the opacity of dirt that requires layering thickness like a pfm. I've used some MO's in very thin applications to get the value right. I find often the value of the LT ingots is very low to what Ivoclar's cheat sheet claims......with or without layering. In general we press an MO or LT ingot that is 2 values brighter than desired shade whether it's layered or full contour.
Sorry for diarhea of the mouth explanation....... James

James, will you please explain the difference in value within the LT line of ingots? I'm kinda slow and possible missing something.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Mr. DeVreugd, do you have a dvd on your waxing technique? Its impossible for me to attend a course from the other end of the country.
Thanks

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Lovely morphology and occlusion Russ.. Ill get there one day :)

Im wincing a bit at how opaque the unlayered areas are gonna look in the mouth but im sure you know what your doing ;)

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Mr. DeVreugd, do you have a dvd on your waxing technique? Its impossible for me to attend a course from the other end of the country.
Thanks

Not at the moment.....thinking about !!
You make it sound like North Carolina is on a different planet!!;)
Hands-on is the best way !!!

Russ

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Thanks

Sorry but there is a quarantine on the west coast, cant cross the Mississippi.:D

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Lovely morphology and occlusion Russ.. Ill get there one day :)

Im wincing a bit at how opaque the unlayered areas are gonna look in the mouth but im sure you know what your doing ;)

Thanks Paul........ If I only new what I was doing. lol
I don't think the unlayered occlusal is a problem on the maxillary.

Russ