E.Max Press on trial.

Z

zooropa

Reaction score
I have E.Max Press on trial for a fortnight with EP5000 furnace. I am reading all the post within this topic regarding E.Max Press.

If you had 1 handy tip for a beginner, what would it be?:D

Thanks in advance

Jason.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Keep your emax manual next to your case, and follow Each step carefully !!!!!!!

The one errror I made, pattern to close to the ring... The margin pressed up against the outside wall. I was very lucky. I cut off the excess flash with a scope....

1. Forget about die spacer, OR use one thin layer..Emax tends to be a little loose.
2. Smooth wax pattern equals smooth pressed pattern. Look for pits-scratches in your wax pattern.
3. I highly recommend using Yetti die lub ! I'm getting practically bubble free pressings, and not using any debubblizer.
4. Stay with-in the measurements of sprue length-total wax pattern.

I'm still at 100% success rate by just following directions very carefully. I also have a ep5000......

Charles

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The fortnight is a unit of time equivalent to fourteen days. The word derives from the Old English feorwertyne niht, meaning "fourteen nights".[1][2]

C

charles007

Reaction score
OK Emax Guru Aces, what the TIP for this trooper

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Another tip...
Remove the pressing from the oven as soon as it is done (the oven opens) and allow it to cool to room temperature (do not rapidly cool by blowing air). This will reduce the reaction layer that forms on the surfaces of the casting as a result of heat.

Z

zooropa

Reaction score
Yeti Die Lube? Cant seem to find a supplier here in Blighty:(

Its a non oily, water soluble wax and plaster separator? Any ideas if Kerrs Microfilm is as good?:confused:

Z

zooropa

Reaction score
Found a supplier, Yeti Die Lube on its way to my lab

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
if you can take a introduction course in england for e.max, consider participating in that if it is available or if you can arrange some training in your lab by your rep if you commit to buy. the courses are offered in the states as a 3 day deal and the cost of the intro course is substracted off the price of the system if you purchase.

Z

zooropa

Reaction score
Done the Inline course with Rob Lynoch. Trying to get a good discounted price on the E.Max course in Liechtenstien:D

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Done the Inline course with Rob Lynoch. Trying to get a good discounted price on the E.Max course in Liechtenstein:D

Liechtenstein.........take it with Jurgen Seger, heck of a ceramist and a great Gent. as well.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Done the Inline course with Rob Lynoch. Trying to get a good discounted price on the E.Max course in Liechtenstien:D

I did a course in Feb this year in Liechtenstein
rob was there, Had Jurgen, Oliver Brix and Michel Temperani, if u get the chance do it, it was by far the bestcourse and most social fun I have had :)

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Tip:
Press at least 1 shade lighter than the shade you need

If you press an A3 crown with an A3 ingot the value will be too low

B

Belldent

Reaction score
Emax suppliers

Hi,
Im looking for a british Emax supplier.
I cant seem to find any?
Link please:)

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Belldent, if you dont get a response here try starting a new thread in this forum asking the same question. These single posts get lost easily amongst all the information.

Welcome to the site.

B

Belldent

Reaction score