E-max LT

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Quick question...when you guys have a case that requires I-A2 G-A3...do you press out of A2 and stain the gingiva down or press out of A3 and use the blue shade to lighten(transclucent) the incisal?
I usually would press out of A2 and darken, but just wondering what everybody does

Thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
press out of A2 and darken

D

Dave Smart

Reaction score
e.max under-press or something else??

Hi all, I've had a small but frustrating problem when pressing emax in that I get some small areas or craters where the material has a surface void often near the sprue attachment to the pattern. There doesn't seem to be any reaction layer there and there is No shortage of material. I'm using a Gemini 2 pressing furnace which has a "press to finish function" (presses then relaxes and so on until it senses completion) but I still get this showing up on occasion and would like to nail the cause. I've spoken to a couple of reps. and one said maybe too hot and another maybe too cold. I'm working in a range between 910 celcius and 920 . I have had No problems with Zirpress firing at 910c. I'm not sure which would be best: raise the temp., increase the hold time ( now at 28 min. with a 200g ring) or a combination. When i was at the higher temp. range I had a noticeably heavier reaction layer and also had a couple of units "pop" off the sprue before I wished. My average pressing time is about 5 min. from the start of actual pressing.Singles can be 3 min. , multiples 6-8 min. Any and all help with this would be greatly welcomed. Got to love this site!!!
Thanks, Dave

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had a small but frustrating problem when pressing emax in that I get some small areas or craters where the material has a surface void often near the sprue attachment to the pattern. There doesn't seem to be any reaction layer there and there is No shortage of material. I'm using a Gemini 2 pressing furnace which has a "press to finish function" (presses then relaxes and so on until it senses completion) but I still get this showing up on occasion and would like to nail the cause. I've spoken to a couple of reps. and one said maybe too hot and another maybe too cold. I'm working in a range between 910 celcius and 920 . I have had No problems with Zirpress firing at 910c. I'm not sure which would be best: raise the temp., increase the hold time ( now at 28 min. with a 200g ring) or a combination. When i was at the higher temp. range I had a noticeably heavier reaction layer and also had a couple of units "pop" off the sprue before I wished. My average pressing time is about 5 min. from the start of actual pressing.Singles can be 3 min. , multiples 6-8 min. Any and all help with this would be greatly welcomed. Got to love this site!!!
Thanks, Dave

Good info shared! Sounds like your almost there, but with a few issues here and there. Trial and error is the name of the game when using a different press. ALL of them are different. Can you SHUT OFF the "Press to Finish Function?" Can you just use that Gemini press to do a straight up pressing cycle? The pressing and holding under pressure, then letting up, then pressing and holding again sounds like it could be trouble but that is only my opinion. The Ivoclar presses do not have this function on them. Your high temps are actually quite lower than most. I have experiences with many pressing ovens and I have found 930-940C to be very good for any other press besides the Ivoclar. Reaction layer should be light and sporadic. Spruing should off the incisal edge and be flared out and smooth. Posteriors sprue off the largest/thickest cusp. Keep everything at or UNDER 16 mm in TOTAL height (restoration and sprue). Tilt the patterns at about a 35-40 degree angle in the ring (presses heat from the outside to the inside. This is the best spot to place patterns).

D

Dave Smart

Reaction score
e.max under-press or something else??

Thanks very much sixonice, I will try what you suggested. I also want to increase my pressure as I'm presently pressing @ 4 Bar which sounds to be a bit on the low side. I've had some experience with some other pressables and I think they were less fluid than emax and I always worried about mold rupture with too high a pressure. As you said , trial and error but I must say I absolutely love this material and all of it's potential.
Thanks again for your quick response,
Dave

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Press at/with 5 bar of pressure on your Zubler. That should be real good.