E.max Anterior Bridge advice.....

• Thread starter UCan'tHandleTheTooth!
  • Start date
U

UCan'tHandleTheTooth!

Reaction score
Hi all...I was about to do a 4 unit ant. ( 7- 10) bridge for my mother and its prepped for all ceramic.... i have been using e.Max with great results to date and kno that it would be against indication to use here for 4 units.
But there is only 1 pontic at #9...... and I'm wondering if given that circumstance it would be feasible to use emax in your opinions?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yep, just make those connectors as long and broad as you can. I've recently seen a study where the e.max connectors took a beating on post-op clinical evals after only a few months. If it was my Mom I'd go Lava.....

U

UCan'tHandleTheTooth!

Reaction score
Thanx!

:)thanx Labguy for the feedback....going Lava is where my thought process had started. Since the 4th unit splinted together and supporting one pontic, i began to think about the possibility of pressing it.... just wanted to bounce it off of u guys, as i have never stretched any limits with the material. But, like u said, only the best for mom!...... I'm a good son i swear!!!!

C

charles007

Reaction score
I decided before I even bought emax, I would never use emax on bridges....I'm sticking to my guns....... No point in giving my doctors a reason to not use emax on singles........One broken emax bridge would put doubts in their heads for years to come.
For my mother, I would consider captek, or Lava as my second choice.....

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
i would go e.max providing there was room. aesthetically it will be a heap better.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive been doing quite a few 4 unit, 2 pontic anterior bridges as well as marylands. Zero failures.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
agree with Charles, but i might test it to my mother, :)
why don't you make a single 7, and a bridge [8-9-10], it will be safer.
[i'll make the palatal side full contour)