Nightmare case

corona

corona

Reaction score
you seriously need to get hold of this rep. and send him the bill. No bull**** . On the bill put down " Whats the price of teeth clicking " with an arrow by the total . .... Tell him/her directly to their eyes and dont parce any words ....the next time they "advise " on a case theyd better be ready to back it up finacially as well. Brett...... do not let this one go without a fight or without letting the company know that their rep has just screwed you , your lab , your employees labor cost and materials, all of you with your pants on . These guys make me insane with their clicking nonsense..... yes teeth click , some louder than others , natural teeth , acrylic teeth , zirconia teeth , they all click ! but if the occlusion is setup right and the treatment planning is done right , then the materials will perform optimally . In this case the rep"chairside treatment planning" was the wrong one ....therefore their responsibility finacially . Apparantly this d-bag doesnt understand megapascal strength of zirconia vs. layered ceramic . Its a small price to pay (the so called clicking ) for a complete or almost complete rehab and is inherantly an outcome of using any material .

oh yeah .... and sorry for you blah blah blah ....im to mad to be sorry right now and this isnt even my case ! I just hate it when techs get screwed when its not their fault .

M

mikemed66

Reaction score
The images in the magazines and brochures are like playboy all dr up with real world materials you have no idea what they put on those for pictures light cure glaze and colors etc... I do not like zirconia to zirconia it does click over implants no periodontal ligament to absorb the noise we always do an acrylic over titanium lower against a zirconia maxillary, you can always repair,replace the lower denture teeth no clicking and tell the Dr and the patient up front we have done too many clicking case's before we decided to change

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The images in the magazines and brochures are like playboy all dr up

LaughLaughLaugh, true. It is advertising, after all. Why treat it different than products like cars and cloths? Sometimes just the right lightning technique can make a huge difference in appearance, no need to dr up.

richmc2

richmc2

Reaction score
Make a pekton/mineral peek substructure with timbles use solitairy crown ( layered or monolitic)
Or even just in the front region and use composite in the (pre)molar region to reduce clicking sounds. Pinks in composite this all will grant you a very flexible solution for now and days to come

Good reminder. I think there are a number of alternatives out there to help address the zirconia against zirconia issue. Some labs are making implant supported full arches with dry-millable non-metal substructures (fiberglass reinforced resin, etc) that can flex and absorb energy, which may make them kinder on implants, plus it keeps the entire process in-house.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
If you want the case to last Zi on Zi davis bridge style is the only way to go . Use a ti bar underneath the zi frames it gives you serviceability if you loose an implant, no stinky acrylic.I have done hundreds this way and all the fears of overloading havnt come to life because the patient gets feed back thru the mandible etc this is because of the 2 hard surfaces coming together just like real teeth and in fact many patients say just that they feel like their own teeth. the whole clicking thing is a total bs excuse for when people cant do zi properly.i used to do resin inserts into the occlusion of the posteriors to stop the clicking of zi bridges. one day a dentist asked why did i do this as the patients didnt really click anyway with zi over zi ,he had already done about 5 full over full implant prettau cases with me. We need to stop bar room theories on whats best and using these same theories as excuses to not do things just because you cant or dont want to do something. by the way not one patient has ever said this zi bridge feels heavy in the mouth another bs reason not use the right material ive heard this a few times.Also can someone please name and shame the rep and company that convinced the dentist that CoCr against Zi was the way to go, please give me strength lord.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
If you want the case to last Zi on Zi davis bridge style is the only way to go . Use a ti bar underneath the zi frames it gives you serviceability if you loose an implant, no stinky acrylic.I have done hundreds this way and all the fears of overloading havnt come to life because the patient gets feed back thru the mandible etc this is because of the 2 hard surfaces coming together just like real teeth and in fact many patients say just that they feel like their own teeth. the whole clicking thing is a total bs excuse for when people cant do zi properly.i used to do resin inserts into the occlusion of the posteriors to stop the clicking of zi bridges. one day a dentist asked why did i do this as the patients didnt really click anyway with zi over zi ,he had already done about 5 full over full implant prettau cases with me. We need to stop bar room theories on whats best and using these same theories as excuses to not do things just because you cant or dont want to do something. by the way not one patient has ever said this zi bridge feels heavy in the mouth another bs reason not use the right material ive heard this a few times.Also can someone please name and shame the rep and company that convinced the dentist that CoCr against Zi was the way to go, please give me strength lord.

I think up thread it was said to be Straumann

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes i agree but i think people are guessing ,it would be very helpful if the originator of this thread let us know.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. This forum is continues to be indispensable resource. Hopefully I will have a good follow up post on how this case is redone.