E.max 3 unit Bridge?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a e.max 3 unit bridge on a upper 1st Bi to 1st Molar? Thanks T :)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This is an old picture but if your connectors are big enough you can. I would still lean towards layered zirconia though.

awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan.JPG

awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan2.JPG
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan.JPG awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan2.JPG

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think that any bridge posterior of the 2nd bi is still a contraindication, unless Ivoclar changed it and I didn't notice.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I'm sure the bridge indications also depend on the patients(Bruxers or not )

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Well, the bridge is for me and I think it will work.. I plan on beefing up the connectors and the Dr. did his part rounded edges, 1.5 mm occlusally(plenty of room) and excellent 360 degree 1.0 - 1.5 mm chamfered margins :)

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
This is an old picture but if your connectors are big enough you can. I would still lean towards layered zirconia though.

awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan.JPG

awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan2.JPG

Nice second molar blow-out. Guess if it doesn't show, it doesn't get fixed....

Good job, Rob!
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan.JPG awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_yesyoucan2.JPG

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
What condition were your 1st bi and molar in pre prep? If they were good than I would have gone implant.

BB77SCDL

BB77SCDL

SuperMember
Reaction score
We would use to do 3 unit bridges to the first molar and still do sometimes. I agree with lab guy, it depends on the patient. I have had some break, because I have a Doctor afraid to prep, ha ha, and insist on doing it. I feel like if the patient isn't a bruxer, you wax and press full contour and have at least .75mm - 1mm then you should be safe.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I know loads of people do bridges in emax and get great results but for me its just not worth the haste of a remake, its always in the back of my mind ""Will it last", even with huge connectors! and I don't want that phone call from an angry surgeon. So we always do ceramic bridges in Zr layered with emax, if they push for an emax bridge then there is NO guarantee given as they have gone against out technical recommendation.

Pete

C

charles007

Reaction score
I know loads of people do bridges in emax and get great results but for me its just not worth the haste of a remake, its always in the back of my mind ""Will it last", even with huge connectors! and I don't want that phone call from an angry surgeon. So we always do ceramic bridges in Zr layered with emax, if they push for an emax bridge then there is NO guarantee given as they have gone against out technical recommendation.

Pete
Great idea for new price list.. no guarantee on emax bridges, ant/post .
On connectors, I want strength, not beauty, and zirconia fits my needs..
I've done 3 emax anteriors bridges , no posteriors ! and now worried about the 2 facially layered... The last bridge was a lower monolithic anterior.... will probably last forever..

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have lots of bridges out, everywhere in the mouth with no breakages with the exception of one maryland. The strength increases squared to the diameter of the connector. So if you have one connection that is round 2mm, you can double the strength by just getting it up to 2.2mm diameter.