DWX 50 , can mill what ceramics?

Yusuf

Yusuf

Reaction score
Hey everybody , I'm looking into purchasing the Roland DWX 50. Other than zirconia , what other ceramics can the Roland DWX 50 mill to make full anatomical crowns and veneers . The different systems that can be integrated with the miller. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
I am glad I still have my sweet 1980's pager for days like this....

Hi Yusuf,

The DWX-50 will mill Zirconia, Wax and PMMA (Acrylic). It is also approved by 3M to mill LAVA Ultimate which means the 3M LU warranty covers restorations made on a Roland. It is also approved by Vita for their Enamic restorative. It will work with other restoratives that can be dry milled so if you have one in mind, please let me know.

-Glenn

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Yusuf,
If you are indeed considering a "soft material" only solution the Versamill 5XS is a good choice .
“industrial-quality” construction characteristics, can produce restorations of higher quality in a faster timeframe at a significantly lower price point.
check it out at www.axsysdental.com

Yusuf

Yusuf

Reaction score
I am glad I still have my sweet 1980's pager for days like this....

Hi Yusuf,

The DWX-50 will mill Zirconia, Wax and PMMA (Acrylic). It is also approved by 3M to mill LAVA Ultimate which means the 3M LU warranty covers restorations made on a Roland. It is also approved by Vita for their Enamic restorative. It will work with other restoratives that can be dry milled so if you have one in mind, please let me know.

-Glenn

Hi Glenn , thanks for the information. I was just a little perplexed because when you go on to the roland site and under applications/material it says emax press ceramics. I don't quite understand that given that press ceramics are strictly for pressing. Another question I do have is , can the DWX 50 mill partial denture wax patterns? I'm sure it can given its a dry miller and should not have any problems milling wax patterns. Is it also compatible with the 3dbiocad zirconia discs? Sorry if I sound rather irrelevant , it's just im a dentist and only getting into dental laboratory equipment now. I was present for the ids in cologne but unfortunately I didn't have much time to spend with Roland. Appreciate your time Glenn...

Yusuf

Yusuf

Reaction score
Yusuf,
If you are indeed considering a "soft material" only solution the Versamill 5XS is a good choice .
“industrial-quality” construction characteristics, can produce restorations of higher quality in a faster timeframe at a significantly lower price point.
check it out at www.axsysdental.com

Even better than the Roland DWX 50 in terms of price and quality ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Glenn , thanks for the information. I was just a little perplexed because when you go on to the roland site and under applications/material it says emax press ceramics. I don't quite understand that given that press ceramics are strictly for pressing. Another question I do have is , can the DWX 50 mill partial denture wax patterns? I'm sure it can given its a dry miller and should not have any problems milling wax patterns. Is it also compatible with the 3dbiocad zirconia discs? Sorry if I sound rather irrelevant , it's just im a dentist and only getting into dental laboratory equipment now. I was present for the ids in cologne but unfortunately I didn't have much time to spend with Roland. Appreciate your time Glenn...
it would mill a wax pattern to be invested, burned out, and pressed.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Hi Yusuf,

CHL's answer above is correct for e.max press (mill wax patterns, invest, burn out and press). The DWX-50 will not mill e.max CAD since that needs to be wet ground. The new DWX-4W wet mill will be used for wet grind materials.

The DWX-50 will work with 98-100mm diameter Zirconia discs. 3D BioCAD is a Roland reseller in the US and their Zirconia discs work in the DWX-50. The DWX-50 also has an optional adaptor to hold up to 6 pin (mandrel) mounted materials like Vita Enamic and 3M Lava Ultimate. http://www.rolanddgastore.com/product.aspx?zpid=6634

I am sorry we did not have a chance to meet at IDS. It was a great show but with so much to see it is difficult to do it all!

If you need anything else just let me know.

-Glenn

Yusuf

Yusuf

Reaction score
Hi Yusuf,

CHL's answer above is correct for e.max press (mill wax patterns, invest, burn out and press). The DWX-50 will not mill e.max CAD since that needs to be wet ground. The new DWX-4W wet mill will be used for wet grind materials.

The DWX-50 will work with 98-100mm diameter Zirconia discs. 3D BioCAD is a Roland reseller in the US and their Zirconia discs work in the DWX-50. The DWX-50 also has an optional adaptor to hold up to 6 pin (mandrel) mounted materials like Vita Enamic and 3M Lava Ultimate. http://www.rolanddgastore.com/product.aspx?zpid=6634

I am sorry we did not have a chance to meet at IDS. It was a great show but with so much to see it is difficult to do it all!

If you need anything else just let me know.

-Glenn

Thanks Glenn , you have been very helpful. If anything does come up I will get back to you. I will certainly be purchasing the DWX 50. Once again , thank you...

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hi Glenn what about rumors of a reshape of dwx 50???

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
KnowNothing.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its actually quite beneficial, they won't have to pay him, they can just say it was a joke and he'll do all the research for free.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
One of the prototypes during field testing. If it was only heavier and had more ball screws...
tigerinr301et122.jpg