DLN STUDY GROUP:

C

charles007

Reaction score
Anyone interseted in starting a study group to meet several times a year ? Maybe a left and east coast meeting several times a year, or meet in the middle so the traveling distance want be such a hardship to be away from our labs. We could share ideas on business, techniques, tips, cad/cam, embracing intra-oral scanners, coloring, thoughts on how to survive in this new digital world...etc etc... endless topics... I could easily see this as a 2 day meeting depending on the support and planning. We could rent a large conference room in a hotel with 25-50 + members and the cost would be extremely cheap, and even get CE credits for the weekend should you desire ..
If this sounds like a good idea, share your thoughts in this thread so we can plan this in an open forum ... I will play nice and even invite the dirty denture techs into the study group ... lol
Should anyone want to PM about this idea, please don't, my pm box will fill us fast !! send to my email address at [email protected] I will reply-all to keep everyone in the loop..

Charles

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun way to get together and drink beer with out the wives bitching that its a boys weekend.

Oh and yes I would be interested :)

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I agree, this sounds like a great idea! I would love to see you all face-to-face. My wife might even think I make a lot of you up in my imagination. I am like a four-year old who is always talking about my "friends" who give me great ideas and correct me when I err. I hope this idea pans out!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I'm in. No kidding on the "imagination" friends! As soon as I mention DLN everyone gets a glazed look in their eyes and changes the subject. Good idea Charles.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I never hang out with people I meet on the internet...too creepy.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
OK Charles I am in also. You have been duly elected as the facilitator for the DLN study group. Just let us know where and when with an agenda. If the group is not too large you can spend time at someone's lab who is in the group who is near the meeting location. Always fun to see how others are gettin' er done.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I read your psycho results :dizzy:

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Sounds good to me! If the East meeting is up towards Boston, we'd be happy to have part of the event at our location. Maybe everyone can jump around from CAP, to us, to the hotel...

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I can speak for CAP. Happy to host part or all of it. We have a meeting room in the facility, holds 20 classroom style if we move out the tables I'm sure we could go to 30-40. Also have a hotel about .2 miles away with a CAP rate. We're about 15 minutes from Boston's Logan airport.
Just some other thoughts. What about Las Vagas (what happens in Vagas stays in Vagas) or having it in Chicago on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday before LMT?
Charles, I think we need a quick survey for the location and date of the first DLN study club.
I'll be happy to contribute. I'm sure we could probably get some of the manufacturers to contribute as well. How about Straumann:)

doug

doug

Reaction score
This is an interesting idea. I'd be interested.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I think we should consider having one hour of compliance for CDT's. it can be at the end of a day. if you don't need it we go go drinking.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I never hang out with people I meet on the internet...too creepy.

I think it's a great idea!

.......unless you're gonna let the Canadians in.....:)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
RKM can vouch for my incredible in person creepitude.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's those mountain folk that give me the creeps:knuddel:

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Roland DGA can host a West Coast meeting. Our office is in Irvine about 15 minutes from Orange County Airport (SNA). Just let me know Charles.

-Glenn

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
sounds like a great idea! i bet the wife would love a little getaway somewhere haha
if you need any help charles, let me know. i set up a few events similar in the recent past....arranging conference room, discount rates on hotel rooms, etc

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun way to get together and drink beer with out the wives bitching that its a boys weekend.

Oh and yes I would be interested :)

I hate to tell you but most wives are glad you're gone so they have less trouble! :)

Well if this would be a boys only club, I would invite the women on here to start their own study group. I'm in Texas but could meet at a central location sometime. Hollar if ya ever want to start a study group!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I vote all Flippers are banned, no man haters allowed!

Top Bottom