Digital Model

J

jms804

Reaction score
Dr. sent a model asking me to scan with a closed mesh (base) and return file.

Not sure what he means by closed mesh.
Would appreciate any help

Thanks,
jms804

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
he probably just wants you to make him a printable file. closing the holes in the scan so that the printer can make the model without too many errors.

if you use 3shape, its a simple matter of importing to model builder, closing the hole, and exporting.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
he probably just wants you to make him a printable file. closing the holes in the scan so that the printer can make the model without too many errors.

if you use 3shape, its a simple matter of importing to model builder, closing the hole, and exporting.

Chances are he doesn't have model builder though and even if he did there are 3-4 different versions so he probably wouldn't have the right one. What kind of scan did the doctor send? What file type? Full arch? Is it virtually ditched?

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Jeff, we would whip you out a closed mesh file with no flaws that is prepared for printing.

We would use Rhino with DentalShaper add-on, and import whatever you have.

We can add you lab's name anywhere you want in 3d text, and you can spe4cify how tall you want the base to be....

Maybe you want the model hollow with inner-walls? Many options.

Or, we have other software if that won't work. We can do it today, anytime up to 8:00PM.

(I was here till after 9:00 last night!)

Brad @ 804-285-0777 would help ya, or me.

Never heard of a Doc with a 3dPrinter before? Also, most all software for setting up a print job included basic file repairing to close any holes in base of model file. So, often, it is not necessary IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom