Digital Model Builder alternatives?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Anyone have a creative solution to digital model builder software? 3shape Trios is not a problem, just all the other IO systems. All Scans is very expensive $6,500. Add in the costs of printed models and shipping, it becomes a loss center for any lab. Guess that is best subbed. Any suggestions for the "best" model processing and printing outsource partner? My first choice is CAP since they have helped with Trios certification and are great to deal with in general.

I am using "Blender" and creating base shapes and merging the scan meshes. Not bad results, but for now without a removable die. Not sure if this is practicle from a workflow standpoint. It takes time. We are working on milling small confirmation models to expedite the process. I have to say that I am not entirely thrilled about complete model less restorations. But if that is what someone wants, we have to figure out how to do it.

It was suggested to me that Exocad has a model builder "built in" the software. Any other cost effictive alternatives?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know who is a USA dealer? Looks very good. Price?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'd give'em a shout to find out...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I allways sent them to full contour.. I can't design the model for what they charged... they will set it up for the manufacturer that u choose
never had a problem

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have all scans and yes if you look at the up front price its expensive. Once you do about a hundred models if you are receiving good scans you can produce models in less than 3 minutes of design time. Trios is blowing up for my lab and the integration into model builder is so damn easy and intuitive I would not even consider using any other 3rd party hack around.

I partner with Argen now but I see a printer in my future once we see the myriad of new resin that is being evolved today with MUCH less cost hit the market.

I say stop over thinking the upfront costs, if you are starting to get volume "10 quads a day min" I would say its a no brainer. Its so fast clean and nearly remake free.

I love digital!!!!!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What do you use 3d reshaper for ? Can we build a model out a PVS dental impression using this software?
3dReshaper have discontinued their model making software, look into the Exocad model creator instead. As long as you can scan the impression, it can build a model for ya...