Digital impressions for implants with the sirona omnicam or bluecam

D

drock

Reaction score
Hi all,

If a Dr is planning on taking a digital impression of an implant using their bluecam specifically, can they use any scanbody (ie Argen or abutment direct) or or is it a closed system in which they must use sironas scan bodies? The dentist is using 3rd party implants and i dont think this company has its own scan bodies. Can the dentist use the mono scan bodies from straumann? or any elos?

thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they should be directed to use scan bodies compatible with the Lab's production requirements. not all kits work for all implants.

D

drock

Reaction score
Thanks Luke. The implants being used are ACE infinity implants that has a series of clones of the straumann synocta, biohorizon and the nobel tri lobes. This company does not have their own ti-bases. Could they not use the straumann mono scan body if they placed a clone synocta? the work flow would be the same assuming we're using an authentic variobase? I guess my main question is the Dentist isn't locked into using just sirona scan bodies. If they have the scan bodies from xyz company that provides xyz tibases, it shouldn't be an issue. am i right on this? a scan is just a scan- the scan body will dictate the workflow.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
right; with the caveat that you must have a library that works with that scan body AND that implant. if you do, good to go.

then again, if the dr requests all authentic no 3rd party ...

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ask the lab what they are using ,sirona will tell you to use sirona .blue cam will struggle to export an stl. we make many different crowns and implants on sirona scans using just about anybodies scan flags the one we dont do is with sirona scan flags.

Top Bottom