Desktop scanner environmental concerns

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Did you all catch the newest glidewell news?
Apparently they are rolling out AI designing.
The AI has studied “250 of the best technicians at glidewell” in order to provide dentists a reliable way to ditch the lab technicians that the AI studied and is now replicating that level of design. I have thoughts on this. Anybody else?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The AI has studied “250 of the best technicians at glidewell” in order to provide dentists a reliable way to ditch the lab technicians that the AI studied and is now replicating that level of design. I have thoughts on this. Anybody else?
AI studies the 250 best techs at glidewell? looks like they will be flooding the market with even more so-so (at best) crowns at an even lower price! goooooooo dental industry!

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
AI studies the 250 best techs at glidewell? looks like they will be flooding the market with even more so-so (at best) crowns at an even lower price! goooooooo dental industry!
And they will eat it up

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Been saying it for decades and it only gets more true.
In the wrong hands, computers are the only thing capable of messing up 2000 times a second.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
by far not new at all. there are at least two AI Clouds in Europe for dental design, that also wont take off they way they plan it to for technical reasons they probably don't even care about.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
It always seems these scanner threads morph into “doom for the dental lab” in the end. Changes have happened within the lab industry and the dental offices for sure with the advent of IOS and milling machines. I think these changes have affected the lab industry the most by making them much more efficient and profitable in many cases.

These changes haven’t had the same impact on the dental offices IMO. They didn’t have as many labor intensive areas to be replaced by machines and technologies as did the labs. They can’t produce any more work without adding more dentists. For them the biggest change was the IOS and all this did was help the lab be more productive. I’ve had some docs tell me they can take a PVS faster than an iOS.

Labs will survive for many more years as long as they are competitive and efficient with their business model.

Top Bottom