designing with 3shape?

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
Has anyone out there figured how to design a zirconia implant bridge with combination of cementable over custom abutments and screw retained either to fixture or abutment? preferably over a titanium base. Thank you

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
If your building these as separate prosthesis, I am sure you can select these options separately. If your building a bridge with cementable and screw retained together, you may not be able. Even if it could, I wouldn't recommend attempting to seat implant abutments and cement a bridge onto them with screw retained abutments in the arch.
You shouldn't be mixing enganging and non engaging interfaces on the same bridge.
And if you did, your cemetable abutments should be non engaging, so I ask how will you align them?
With or without titanium cemented interfaces, its not possible.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
My first question is why are you making custom abutments? The entire process can be done so that the zr bridge are the abutments. By using an implant library like NT trading you use their 2-connect system. the dr torques in a multi unit style abutment, and the lab cements a ti insert into the zr bridge. If you don't have access to an implant library like NT trading, then you need to purchase NON-engaging temp ti abutments. Prep them down and make parallel. Then scan the case as a zr bridge. When designing after you set the occlusion and get contours, under ATTACHMENTS there is an option for HOLES. Set the diameter to match that of the screw access, select insertion direction and place the cylinder over the ti temporary abutment.(might need to hide the crown so you can see the abutment.) This needs to be done before you create the bridge. Make sure you extend the cylinder(using the green ball) far enough through the crown so that when sending it to a mill(I'm assuming you will mill this) so that the CAM software will read this as an abutment. You don't want little pieces floating in the middle of it. Now when it's milled and finished, stained and glazed you can cement the abutments into the zr bridge.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Probably because the abutments already existed from previous work?
That's my guess.

Why would the Ti interfaces need to be prepped to parallel?
That would be for 4-axis mills, but if you had a 5-axis.....not needed. Right?

Travis, this site is really really gay now! Rainbows, and the whole mood thingy are for little girls.
Not exactly a professional feel.

I vote to remove the mood thing, and almost all other changes to the site.
The SUPER WHITE background is just too bright for early morn web-surfing.
I have to squint or put on sunglasses now.

Need to go back to Black please. I don't like the White. It sucks.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Because if you can't read the margins on the abutments you'll create open margins. Can't very well read the margins if one is designed facing one direction and the other in a different. Keeping them parallel allows you to read the margins. If they are custom abutments and not an implant library you'll need to scan the abutments to capture the margins, correct? If they are ti inserts then it shouldn't matter as much because they are only around 3-4mm tall, where custom abutments, or temp ti cylinders are much taller.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What exactly are you trying do to? I couldn't make out what you are asking.

You can do a split file, design the abutments and crowns all in one shot and cit them all separately, but that never really works out too well. Also what version are you running 2012 or did you upgrade to 2013 where implant ZR bridges now require the implant bridge/bar module. Please clarify your questions, there are many ways to do things in 3shape.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Has anyone out there figured how to design a zirconia implant bridge with combination of cementable over custom abutments and screw retained either to fixture or abutment? preferably over a titanium base. Thank you

Dennis give me a call I can walk you through what you want to do.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
My first question is why are you making custom abutments? The entire process can be done so that the zr bridge are the abutments. By using an implant library like NT trading you use their 2-connect system. the dr torques in a multi unit style abutment, and the lab cements a ti insert into the zr bridge. If you don't have access to an implant library like NT trading, then you need to purchase NON-engaging temp ti abutments. Prep them down and make parallel. Then scan the case as a zr bridge. When designing after you set the occlusion and get contours, under ATTACHMENTS there is an option for HOLES. Set the diameter to match that of the screw access, select insertion direction and place the cylinder over the ti temporary abutment.(might need to hide the crown so you can see the abutment.) This needs to be done before you create the bridge. Make sure you extend the cylinder(using the green ball) far enough through the crown so that when sending it to a mill(I'm assuming you will mill this) so that the CAM software will read this as an abutment. You don't want little pieces floating in the middle of it. Now when it's milled and finished, stained and glazed you can cement the abutments into the zr bridge.
Shane and Sevan, I have 2 prosthodontists that have requested this type of design where , for instance , the access holes are at a less than ideal position especially at the anterior segment so those are designed cement able and still can possibly be retrievable by screw retaining the rest of the bridge. We have upgraded to 2013 software and still have that issue, but we have not tried to scan a temp cylinder as a prep yet. We will try that, thank you

D

dental cad solutions

Reaction score

This is easily done using 3Shape 2013. For the SRC (screw-retained crown),select the tooth number and select SRC. For the cementable tooth select the anatomical abutment and anatomy. Finally bridge them together.

Here's a sample order form.
a2u4umar.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom