designing removable anatomical orthotics in 3 shape

L

Linda

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to design removable anatomical orthotics for milling out of duracetal resin and what software module I need?
For when the dentist is opening the bite using K7 and wants a long term orthotic for patient to wear.
I have heard great things about Great Lakes ortho module but not sure I need to spend that much money, when I only want to be able to design this one product.
Thanks

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
We've made such things with just basic 3Shape designer; using a combination of "Temporary on a prepared model" and simple coping on an unsectioned scan for the interface. A bit laborious, but ok for one off every now and then.

L

Linda

Reaction score
Yeah, I have tried that too, and it is laborious. What did you mill it out of, PMMA? I have been told that I need 3shape appliance designer, which is about $5K here in canada. But I am planning to do quite a few in the future, maybe 2-3 a month and that could increase. I would get them milled out of durecetal resin, which I also need to learn a bit more about, how to finish them, and how long lasting they are etc.