Denture Milling

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am looking into milling dentures, and wondering if you guys have any opinions on strategies.

Ideally I would like to mill the tissue and teeth separately and socket them in with minimal to no trimming, is this a possibility?

I am running 3Shape right now and I can print/mill denture tissue with sockets for teeth however these are shallow sockets that would require retrofitting teeth which is what I want to try and eliminate.

Thoughts?

Thanks

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
its not there yet...IMHO

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Probably not cheap enough yet and you are stuck with only a few teeth manufacturers.
good point, didn't think of the tooth manufacturers.
I kind of figured/hoped printing would have come along more by now. ultimately it seems the best method in the long run, but also seems fairly stagnant lately. I could be out of the loop tho. too many hours with my eyes under the scope.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Probably not cheap enough yet and you are stuck with only a few teeth manufacturers.

Do you happen to know the name of the particular mill/software? it seems rather interesting because it would solve the biggest problem we are facing right now is the desire to not retrofit teeth once its milled, we were hoping that the mill could do one side of the denture we could fit the teeth in and then as the mill finishes the other side it would trim the excess that is technically sticking through the tissue.

But hey if the mill could fit our teeth for us that is a bonus!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the name of the particular mill/software? it seems rather interesting because it would solve the biggest problem we are facing right now is the desire to not retrofit teeth once its milled, we were hoping that the mill could do one side of the denture we could fit the teeth in and then as the mill finishes the other side it would trim the excess that is technically sticking through the tissue.

Amman Girrbach branded exocad.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
I saw this system in Chicago. As of that time you were limited to heraeus kulzer teeth, and could not be used for just one arch. It needed to be a F/F setup. Also, at the time it would only mill wax, so it would have to be conventionally processed. They said all of that would change in the future, but for $70,000 it does not seem there yet.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I saw this system in Chicago. As of that time you were limited to heraeus kulzer teeth, and could not be used for just one arch. It needed to be a F/F setup. Also, at the time it would only mill wax, so it would have to be conventionally processed. They said all of that would change in the future, but for $70,000 it does not seem there yet.
at least heraeus makes decent teeth. not the best, def not the worst ive seen.
but only wax? kinda seems like price overkill for only milling wax!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
at least heraeus makes decent teeth. not the best, def not the worst ive seen.
but only wax? kinda seems like price overkill for only milling wax!
Just milling the wax denture base, regular denture teeth, then conventionally flasked to process.
@Alan JDL I think $70k is for the whole system which would allow for other materials.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Here is a little more information.

Attachments

• Dentures-ex-machina_nofa-liin_EN.pdf
    297.8 KB · Views: 22
Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
Just milling the wax denture base, regular denture teeth, then conventionally flasked to process.
@Alan JDL I think $70k is for the whole system which would allow for other materials.
Yes you could use the system for anything else the mill can do. But for us being a removable lab, it would be $70,000 just for this.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you will have to be in the business of making your own teeth to socket, not buying teeth, nor modifying bought teeth.

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am looking into milling dentures, and wondering if you guys have any opinions on strategies.

Ideally I would like to mill the tissue and teeth separately and socket them in with minimal to no trimming, is this a possibility?

I am running 3Shape right now and I can print/mill denture tissue with sockets for teeth however these are shallow sockets that would require retrofitting teeth which is what I want to try and eliminate.

Thoughts?

Thanks

What mill are you running? As far as I know the Amann Girrbach Motion 2 is the only mill that can do this. It comes with 2 different arms, one for the wax base and the second arm for the teeth(HK teeth). the base and teeth are milled to fit eachother, send for try in and then process after. The design software from Amann Girrbach is needed however.

See link below:

https://www.amanngirrbach.com/en/products/design-cad/ceramill-d-flow/

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score

AG system is well below 70k for all that is needed. More like 56k all in with training and installation

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
What mill are you running? As far as I know the Amann Girrbach Motion 2 is the only mill that can do this. It comes with 2 different arms, one for the wax base and the second arm for the teeth(HK teeth). the base and teeth are milled to fit eachother, send for try in and then process after. The design software from Amann Girrbach is needed however.

See link below:

https://www.amanngirrbach.com/en/products/design-cad/ceramill-d-flow/

We have 4 or so mills ATM the biggest being the iMES-iCORE 550i (For titanium milling). We also have a roland, and 2 to other iMES mills also.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

This is actually how the Wieland/Ivoclar mill will work. You mill the tooth side of the denture, fit the teeth, and put it back in the mill to finish the tissue side. This allows the mill to "adjust" the intaglio of the tooth where it would protrude into the tissue.

Unfortunately we are not quite ready to put it out there yet. We can successfully mill a very good fitting denture against denture, but want to finalize other workflows and processes before getting it out into the wild. Latest I heard was early 2017.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
This is actually how the Wieland/Ivoclar mill will work. You mill the tooth side of the denture, fit the teeth, and put it back in the mill to finish the tissue side. This allows the mill to "adjust" the intaglio of the tooth where it would protrude into the tissue.

Unfortunately we are not quite ready to put it out there yet. We can successfully mill a very good fitting denture against denture, but want to finalize other workflows and processes before getting it out into the wild. Latest I heard was early 2017.

Well at least it is in the works so thats good to know, I guess Ill keep experimenting until something comes out haha.

Thanks,

Top Bottom