DentaLab for QuickBooks Software

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I need a new computer so badly..... I'm not sure where a thumb drive would go on here but will find out and will use one. I just logged on and the computer said that it had recovered from a serious error, I bet it was from the Peachtree program and the NetFrame program I had to download..... I'm also guessing it would be best to have a dedicated computer just for business related and not take a chance using a one-for-all.....

If its a older PC may not be a USB port on the front but should be a couple on the back if there not being used already. Most newer pc's have alot more then the older ones. I think our new HP has 7 or 8 usb ports...

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Nicole,James,

I have family members that swear by their Mac computers, plus I've heard they don't have the virus problems as much as Microsoft. I've had HP computers for years (also like mouse to laptop better). I think going over to look at new computers and pick up a thumb drive will be one of my projects today, if I see anything interesting I'll report back!:)

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
You can have the portability of the laptop and still be able to use the keyboard, mouse and the large screen. Your new PC should have at least a few usb ports in it. If you need to you can always buy a usb hub which will add more ports.

I have my office desks (at the lab and home) set up with a desktop monitor from an old pc. This monitor connects to the SVGA port on the laptop. Then you just use either an old keyboard and mouse (as long as they are usb) or buy a wireless keyboard and mouse. And voila! You now have desktop luxury with laptop portability. And the bonus is that you now have two monitors to work on and you can drag windows back and forth.

Go into the control panel where you adjust screen resolution and set up your desktop monitor as an extension to the laptop monitor.

You could also buy a docking station but that gets a little more pricey. Flippercentral; the kids at the genius bar in the apple store should be able to help you with this if you need it. They know a ton about their products.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Nicole or all,

As mentioned before I'm going to use the Peachtree complete 2011. I'm in transition from one lab to another (changing lab name and mission, but treating it like 2 seperate businesses.) Silly question, but do I have to buy printer invoice (template) paper from Peachtree or does their program automatically format this? I have several invoices to print out with the new name and guess I'll try this cold turkey on this program so to speak.....

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
just an opinion but i really think you should stick with quickbooks. your going to fare much better here in getting the advice, tips and tricks that you need.

peach tree software for a dental lab? i have never seen it? on the other hand almost every lab i know personally.. uses quickbooks. and is happy with it.

its an important decision. if you end up not liking what you start with, changing mid stream down the road to another program kinda blows.

just a side note: me and all the labs i know, or have known just use plain ol quickbooks. not the "quickbooks for dental labs" version. regular quickbooks is highly customizable to fit the basic needs of a smaller lab. you really want to keep this part of the business as simple as you can. and as in any industry try and stay with the standard. i have a friend that spent all his time learning microsoft publisher instead of adobe illustrator, now hes trying to get into graphic design work and really regrets it.

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Thanks DD, you may be right all in all, but this doesn't look too bad so far.
I just finished printing out some invoices (had to set up customer accounts first)and they look great. One oops was it automatically wrote "Airborne" in the shipping method so I'll have to "throw" it to the front desk people:).
It can calculate taxes later on if i need to. I also made 2 copies of each invoice and have to find that thumbdrive!

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
You can customize the invoices and print them out on blank paper. If you've already got invoice paper then you can also customize it to fit what you have. If you haven't already try searching the forums or even just a google search. I've had good luck with that so far.

F

forums

Reaction score
DentaLab for QuickBooks

To clarify, DentaLab for QuickBooks is not an alternate version of QuickBooks. It is an add-on that synchronizes with the customers, jobs, items, employees and vendors in QuickBooks. Intuit recognized that QuickBooks can not handle every industry-specific requirement and recruited Mainstreet to add laboratory case management to the accounting and financial management in QuickBooks.

When Mainstreet agreed to do this, it was thought that this would be a little side offering to those with QuickBooks, but it quickly became one of the premier offerings in the industry and is now in use by thousands in the USA, Canada and eight other countries. If you visit Dental Lab Software by Mainstreet Systems, you can see a sampling of the many good things labs have to say about this software.

R

Rayne

Reaction score
Does anyone have any other suggestions other than the Dentalab for Quickbooks? I have asked them twice for the link for the online demo, each time they give me a bad link. I do not want to pay for the software before I can make sure it will meet my needs.

Evident dental lab software can give you an online demo to show you how we solve the challenges facing labs today. Call us on 877 909 7770