Delcam Dentmill software/dongle/PC for Roland DWX-50 milling machine

A

Art&Dental

Reaction score
Hi i tryied th go2dental from a guy in switzerland. But it didnt work. When it came to Z axes to move it freezed. The technicien from switzerland told that i need a new computer from Kavo. When i asked it was something like 9000€.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Not one of you would know SUM3D set?

Scott *** mastered that bad boy a long time ago. if you want to know about Sum3D then he is your man.

V

vito

Reaction score
hello k2 follow you in facebook!
which cam you use?
uses only zr kavo?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
hello k2 follow you in facebook!
which cam you use?
uses only zr kavo?

Hi Vito, Thanks for the facebook thing. We are still using the latest version of KaVo CAM, but are looking at other options, I think Hyperdent is the way to go but need to save a bit more cash as its a lot of cash.
We do a lot more than just Zr Vito, We mill Zr soft and hard, emax blocks (when in a rush) Wax, Temp pmma, clear castable pmma, peek, K-blanks, fiber reinforced material, Titanium and on and on.....................
All the best Pete

V

vito

Reaction score
I do not accept that the last update was in 2009.
you've tried a few demo?
do you have any photos of special processing done?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I do not accept that the last update was in 2009.
you've tried a few demo?
do you have any photos of special processing done?

The updates have only been to get rid of bugs that came with the addition of new materials and to add new diagnostic tools for KaVo to use when looking at your system via remote log in. What is there to update, the cam was worked out many years ago and it is what it is. I have never loaded any Demos onto my system, the closest thing I have done is played with Delcam software(they came to the lab) and the same with Hyperdent, got to see how it ran and how the material selection and tool addition systems worked and how it calculated new tool paths but never had it loaded onto the system (the guys that came were a bit unsure how to do it). Sorry no photos of special processing, as like I said, I have not had it done yet. And yep the last BIG update was 2009

"The Everest Engine Control setup. Excludes various files, that are not required if upgrading from Everest Engine Control V5.x an newer, as well as the online help for Enertgy CAD V3. Upgrading an earlier version than V5.x requires the full CD.

Nummer: KaVo, 1.005.7314
Version: Datum: 23.11.2009
Grösse: 652.155 KB"

V

vito

Reaction score
but it is true that the anatomical form was not developed?

V

vito

Reaction score
I also straumann the scanner, and I can not mill stl files with my kavo.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
but it is true that the anatomical form was not developed? I also straumann the scanner, and I can not mill stl files with my kavo.

No not true KaVo did develop an anatomical form they had there own and one made by Ivoclar, it was nice software, a friend of mine has it but we waited for Exo to come on board with KaVo.
You CAN mill stl files with your KaVo (thats what it works off/ not very closed is it ) it just wants a set of instructions from you so it knows what to do with the stl or igs files " The Auftrag " What do you mean by you also Straumann the scanner? are you saying that you have a straumann scanner. If you are getting .stl files from it then it must be a DS2 and the .stl are from the dental wings software side?

AUFTRAG FILE

[Auftragseigenschaften]
Art=CAM
Auftragsnummer=120084
Scanner=xxxxxxxxxx
Nachname=
Vorname=
Material=ZS-Blank
Mode=bda45ad58f44aca6ab4739e2bba5e37c1
Zahn=47
Zahnschema=International
Arbeit=Inlay/Onlay/Partial Coping
Kommentar=
Anhaenger=
Check=5bf61725b8a1694fcb70f5c238c071

[NCParameter]
IgesFace=C:\KaVo\Data\12\00\84\Face_47_0.igs;
IgesCurve=C:\KaVo\Data\12\00\84\Curve_47.igs;
GapOffset=0.0
GapWidth=0.000
3DStepFactor=0.5
ModelType=onlay
OccMode=
Strategy=
CavZLimitZOffset=0.0

[ScanMode]
Mode=Standard
Gips=

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I have dental wings with DS2 scanner

Send me a .stl file with the margin file and I will send it back to you so you can mill it on your Everest.

You have a dental wings scanner so why not mill it on your Everest.

[email protected]

V

vito

Reaction score
I sent you a single, I look forward to your response

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
All done Vito, would not have taken as long but there was no margin file (thanks for that Lol) Does your system not produce separate margin file, if not then you may have a problem, I have come across this before with 3shape files that they are a closed.stl, hard to explain but my geomagic can auto recognise margins in .stl but can not do it with some systems 3shape is one and it looks like dental wings is another. It can be done but its a real pain. Anyway Have fun milling your crown Pete

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
german lesson for the day, auftrag: job or order

G

Gismo

Reaction score
You say Service man from KaVo who brought you the Everest, KaVo don't have a service man who delivers Everest Systems. They have one guy who does all the installs in Europe, to labs and shows then you have an Engineer turn up 24 hours later to do the install, this is to let the system acclimatise to your lab. But anyway I really was thinking about it and getting a little bit excited over the chance to play with new cam or even talk to someone who knew something over how the system worked ( I know I'm sad) But they would not talk to me and would not return my email and there the trust is lost..... If they don't want to talk about a possible sale then what chance do I have if there is a problem with the system. No real info on these guys, just a small section on there web site saying they can do it and a screen recording on YouTube of a simple crown being toolpathed to be sent to an Everest but no video of it milling or of how it talks to the system. Really strange that there is not more info on the net about it. If you get hold of a copy then please post some screen shots, thanks Pete

I said from Germany. He was not directly from Kavo, but from a partner firm which sell Kavo equipment and materials. Also Everest system. Please check your spam folder, sometime you can be surprised what can you find there.

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
I read a lot about GO2dental...so decided to register and answer to questions. We are a small mechanical CADCAM editor. We started dental CAM 4y ago...so we are new in this market. We strive to deliver the best product and services. We usually sell our CAM to machine tool manufacturers or to Resellers. In Germany, our reseller installed over 20 labs driving KAVO-Everest. Our only contacts with the KAVO users are when they have problems and we solve them. We currently have no open questions...so let me guess that all our users are HAPPY ! If you have any questions about GO2dental let me know.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I like CAM.

I am interested.

You have email to share with us?

Scott

Top Bottom