Deigital Dentures

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Back to digital dentures, I am a bit jaded that I cannot afford it :(. I do not believe they will be a better fit than an injection denture. They will be superior to compression packed. I think the user interface will take a while for Drs to get down. The drs who do a bunch of them will be fine but the ones that do not become intimately familiar with the process will fail.

The Zenotec Select has a blue light as well! :)

I am telling you they could have chosen any color bulb, but blue looks the best to dentists. It is probably from the blue cure lights for light cure material they associate it with results.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
That certainly is pretty cool, what is the price tag?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
That certainly is pretty cool, what is the price tag?

Hopefully someone with an AG/exocad system will share. I have no idea what their mill goes for.
It will be available for exocad soon. It's in beta now.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about milling the teeth as well. That enamel layer/s you get on a good denture tooth really brings out the aesthetics.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about milling the teeth as well. That enamel layer/s you get on a good denture tooth really brings out the aesthetics.
They are only milling the intaglio surface of the denture teeth.
I see what you mean abut milling out of solid pmma, but there are layered discs available.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It must be able to mill the occlusion for set up against natural teeth no?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Lloyd Christmas has a point there. It would be nice if only it milled the bonding surface, and "corrected" with very fine milling the anatomy of the stock tooth to fit in occlusion. This system may only be available for c/c right now.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It must be able to mill the occlusion for set up against natural teeth no?
The AG video above shows articulated models, upper/lower denture so if you were doing one arch against a natural opposing you could manually adjust for occlusion and function. Not sure about complete CAD against natural antagonist, but if not now right around the corner. Just a matter of getting it in the field and getting some real world feed back to further develop the software.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you can set up and process a perfectly balanced cud/cld with this then you would be busy enough to let the other guys do the partials.:D

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
If you can set up and process a perfectly balanced cud/cld with this then you would be busy enough to let the other guys do the partials.:D
i wonder if doing this via trios is as simple as creating transparent bite blocks to be used to hold the bite during scan. or if CT scan can be used to transfer edentulous arch bite data.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
How about a scanned model, then a CAD partial frame and milled teeth. Then a reverse mold CAM milled. Set the teeth and frame work and pack/inject the acrylic??

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
i wonder if doing this via trios is as simple as creating transparent bite blocks to be used to hold the bite during scan. or if CT scan can be used to transfer edentulous arch bite data.
CT scans are going to be the next great piece put into this puzzle. You would be able to virtual put the patient through all of their excursive movement specific to their skeletal structure.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
How about a scanned model, then a CAD partial frame and milled teeth. Then a reverse mold CAM milled. Set the teeth and frame work and pack/inject the acrylic??
how about print a block of MED610 for immediate 1 time chairside use, scan the arches in the bite, design a set of pontics to be milled, and design a pmma denture base out of pink acryllic.

and just bond them.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
how about print a block of MED610 for immediate 1 time chairside use, scan the arches in the bite, design a set of pontics to be milled, and design a pmma denture base out of pink acryllic.

and just bond them.
Some of the early attempts at CAD dentures involved bonded teeth. Didn't work out so well. Maybe the bonding agents have improved since?? Still think you need the cross link for reliability.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
CT scans are going to be the next great piece put into this puzzle. You would be able to virtual put the patient through all of their excursive movement specific to their skeletal structure.

Unfortunately it will take quite some time till CT becomes ubiquitous in garden variety practices...

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
its acrylic to crylic, i'd think the only sure way to do that would be with cold cure ?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Unfortunately it will take quite some time till CT becomes ubiquitous in garden variety practices...
True, we don't have one, but the surgeon next door does.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
geeze you guys,I'm supposed to be on holidays.
I'm getting sucked back into dln with all this cool stuff when I should be cutting the grass with my John Deere (comes with a drink holder doncha know!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
its acrylic to crylic, i'd think the only sure way to do that would be with cold cure ?
That would be a question for the removable guys. Hopefully they will chime in after their mid morning nap.