Death by Zr

P

paulg100

Reaction score
I wonder when some of these people with their strong opinions sit at the bench and actually work???
sitting at a bench working?? thats what milling machines are for, get out of the 90's man.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I wonder the same thing, I wonder how much experience they had before they started playing video games. Snapping lines over inverted dimples on the margin then milled by a machine, proud of the way their crowns fit.
Really works well on a triple tray impression, great fit ! I would dare risking my reputauion with any of the milled zirconia products.

Is 35 years enough experience for you?

video games?

T

TKS

Reaction score
10 + years and no pfz fractures or chipping

10 + years and no abutment fractures

3+ years and no opposing abrasion observed from FCZs

no remakes due to fracture or abrasion using different zirconias.

10+ YEARS WITH NO PFZ FRACTURES OR CHIPPING?!

I wish I could take off of work to learn your secret. But to be honest then again, all the fractures I see were from cases poorly handled in one way or another.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just follow the rules.

Slow cool and I use Noritake CZR with shade base.

Good frame design to support the porcelain as I do for pfms.

No secrets.

user name

user name

Reaction score
10+ YEARS WITH NO PFZ FRACTURES OR CHIPPING?!

I wish I could take off of work to learn your secret. But to be honest then again, all the fractures I see were from cases poorly handled in one way or another.
PFZ are the only restoration that Ive never had a chip, crack or any other problem with. That's not how I thought it would go...

good techniques or the power of prayer....BOTH!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
donator said it all ive had very similar success with zirk I have been using it for 13 years now 8-9 years seriously least amount of probs out of all materials in my 30 years at the bench.

user name

user name

Reaction score
donator said it all ive had very similar success with zirk I have been using it for 13 years now 8-9 years seriously least amount of probs out of all materials in my 30 years at the bench.
Donator is something Ive done, not who I am. So say my name...tell me! whats my name? SAY IT!
SAY IT!
Its "user name."

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ILL SAY IT . ITS USER NAME YOUR DEFFINATELY NOY THE DROID IM LOOKING FOR.!!!!!!!!! Its about time you thought of a proper name something we can remember something that stands out maybe Mr user name or Mrs user name its up to you.

user name

user name

Reaction score
ILL SAY IT . ITS USER NAME YOUR DEFFINATELY NOY THE DROID IM LOOKING FOR.!!!!!!!!! Its about time you thought of a proper name something we can remember something that stands out maybe Mr user name or Mrs user name its up to you.
When I signed up here, it said "enter user name". I follow instructions.

L

labtek

Reaction score
.Charles, Can you fill in the blanks for what you have experienced and found to be the best.

In the past 3 years I've seen drastic improvements in zirconia if you spend a lot of time searching out the brands_______________(which brand ),and the labs _______________(who does the best copings? Bridges? and Full contour Zirconia? that can color better.______ (which colorant is best) Sometimes I really can't see much difference in using emax and zirconia , but it was a hell of a job to get where I'm at this year_____________(what did you do to get to this point)

Thanks.

L

labtek

Reaction score
what is the best glaze for full contour zirconia?

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
cant bond zr in the mouth.cant layer to zr without the fear of debonding.MUCH harder then enamel causing huge wear facets after 2 years.abutment snapping. 3i recall. study after study saying it wears at a rate of 1.7mm3 to 17 mm3 zr to enamel. all sorts of stunts to get it to look decent. major $$$$ to even get into milling it. NO COMPARISON TO EMAX.. no flex,just snap. cant adjust it without possible issues. ..yea..great material.../facepalm

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
dont touch bridge joints after sinter. brick in a glass house.just imagine if a tech gets a triple tray and builds it into an interference position unknowingly...even when shown the light wtechs walk blindly towards the pile of potential cash beemers and watches.. sad. i feel bad for the patients..

C

charles007

Reaction score
.Charles, Can you fill in the blanks for what you have experienced and found to be the best.

In the past 3 years I've seen drastic improvements in zirconia if you spend a lot of time searching out the brands_______________(which brand ),and the labs _______________(who does the best copings? Bridges? and Full contour Zirconia? that can color better.______ (which colorant is best) Sometimes I really can't see much difference in using emax and zirconia , but it was a hell of a job to get where I'm at this year_____________(what did you do to get to this point)

Thanks.
Labtek, send a PM and I will be glad to help if I can.. fyi.. this is the wrong thread to ask for help using zirconia ... "Death by Zirconia"

Sorry friends, not going to waste another second reading this thread to keep the lie alive.

Don't believe in the premise of this thread and many of the facts given..

Not going to add fuel to this burning thread by posting again, and not going to help put out the fire by posting research studies..

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
at least you said facts. you never posted even ONE study. every study posted supporting zr is by a distributer...study by pros deptment in munich is lies?...gordon christensen study showing wear craters is lies?the thesis in more bad news thread is lies? facts or lies?? confused? not sick of your mouse yet charles? dont you miss being a artist? enjoy your software..just remebereveryone else doimg these has the same software. race to the bottom..

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Sorry guys I cant resist. Disturbed like I said once before you need to get a different google as you will see all the stuff you are saying isn't worth a pinch of poo.If you want to talk about the ultimate recall lets talk about empress 2 what a great success that was. they had change the name[emax was born] sort out the problems buy buying another company[pentron] for the patents to stop it from doing all the things you say zirk does . By the way every speaker and paper talking up emax that I have seen and read when you scratch the surface is backed or connected or both by ivoclar they are by far the best self researcher marketers on the planet. The way you keep regurgitating the same line is amazing if you don't like zirconia don't use it .its a free country but man give it a rest.If I posted every time I saw a broken chipped or debonded emax lith discilicate restoration or quoted some study that broke a material when it didn't follow the makers recommendations this thread would turn into war and peace.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
This isn't based on science but have you tried stripping the ceramic off of zirconia? It certainly sticks on better than any metal ceramic opaque that I've come across.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Charles Im not sure how to PM you on this format. Could you please send me an email at
[email protected] and I will reply with some questions.
I would like to sponge some of your knowledge about zirconia.
thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I would like to sponge some of your knowledge about zirconia.
thanks

'sponge' some of your knowledge, you go Tiger :p Seriously, if anyone can give you information, Charles can...that chap is a cad/cam manufacturers worst nightmare because he knows every system and what they claim to do and what they actually do and in the end, that's pretty much what we all are asking for. P.S. "ZIRCONIA IS ALIVE"...there, that should get disturbed panties wadded up nice and tight for a friday night :p