Death by Zr

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its still funny he has waited this long to post something that has probably been done by a masters student replicating an old study for his or her thesis. he would have a heart attack if he did the same kind of study with vmks or emax . as Elsa said disturbed its time to let it go let it go let it gooooo.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
its still funny he has waited this long to post something that has probably been done by a masters student replicating an old study for his or her thesis. he would have a heart attack if he did the same kind of study with vmks or emax . as Elsa said disturbed its time to let it go let it go let it gooooo.
How many times over the years have we held in our hands casts (or have seen photos) where the opposing was worn down by PFM's That was another reason for Yamamoto's opal incisals, they were denser, smoother and thus hopefully less abrasive to the opposing.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
i cant recall where i saw it, but i saw a study that showed glazed fcz wears natural dentition slightly more than a natural tooth and polished fcz wears natural dentition nearly identical to a natural tooth. (i think the study was ~24mo, so not long term enough imho but still)
i think as folks are gravitating toward higher trans zirconia, the material has gotten better and proper treatment of it is showing promising signs for a more natural wear.

youre spot on though, short of gold everything, we need to restore with "something" and there are soooooo many variables for wear that its a challenge to proclaim one thing is totally worthless.
I believe it was Dr.Gordon Christiansen's wife, also Dr. Sorry can't bring up her name at this moment but was around 2014.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
As my wife says, “someone’s gotta be that guy”. Welcome back disturbed.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I believe it was Dr.Gordon Christiansen's wife, also Dr. Sorry can't bring up her name at this moment but was around 2014.
that could be it, but i swear it was a new study just conducted in 2020/2021
either that or i was dreaming teeth again. lol

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
This study concludes that Zirconia crowns wear a natural tooth more than a natural tooth. What about how zirconia compares to other crown materials? Teeth must be restored with some material.
Layered emax is STILL my go to. Because it doesn't wear the opposing! And fgc. I am lucky to have accounts that agree and listened to me so many years ago.

D-Sign porcelain also doesn't wear opposing dentition. It's unfortunate they discontinued it.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I used d.sign from the time it was introduced until a few months ago and I’d still be using it if they hadn’t pulled the plug on it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
next thing we will be told is that we cant make zi crowns look any good and that we cant bond it and that it will all break in 5 years because of low temp hydra thermal degradation . I had the zirkonzahn guys at my lab yesterday we are still laughing at the last one in particular.