Day to day Porcelain oven

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Looking for a new porcelain oven (mine just went bang!!) for day to day use that's reliable. I will be doing everything in it, degas, opaque, firing......you get the gist. I will use it for precious and non precious PFM's.

I have a pressing oven so don't want to be using that for my NP's.

It's been a while since I bought a new oven for my PFM work and just Googled it and there is s lot to chose from out there so looking for you guys thoughts. Not looking for top of the range all singing all dancing, just something that will fire my bread and butter work.

Thanks guys

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I have been using Ivoclar's line of ovens for the last 30 years. No need to go to the top of the line, the P310 is more than capable to handle all your needs.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm still crusty...have a few Ney Q50s that go up and down all day long <<<freely insert joke here.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
I have been using Ivoclar's line of ovens for the last 30 years. No need to go to the top of the line, the P310 is more than capable to handle all your needs.

I've been looking at the P310. I have an Ivoclar press oven so guess it would be the logical way to go. Also been looking at the Multimat range though.

As I said, it's been so long since I bought an oven for PFM's (I've had the current one for 20 years +) I'm a bit out of the loop with what's good.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I've been looking at the P310. I'm a bit out of the loop with what's good.

My experience is limited to Ivoclar's ovens. The P310 has a small footprint and there are enough programs to individualize it to your needs.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
"All Day Long"!PartyHaha, you asked for it.

Waiting for the dog to try and climb the pole and slide back down over and over...
Really need to read the video title before clicking...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just me, both are good ovens, Zubler and Ivoclar, but my next one will probably not be a lift platform. I'd rather have the clam shell type of head design.
I use the wire pegs for all my units, and end up putting peg putty inside the single units (less inside the emax, to prevent cracking) to
keep them from falling off the pegs. Maybe it's less of an issue with my Dekema, as it goes up smoother than my UltraMat CDF
which I use pretty much for all my glazing. I'll bet the Zubler is a smooth ride up, but I'd probably still side for a clam shell?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys, given me a few options to check out.

Never good when equipment goes bang but always nice to have new toys to play with in the lab.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
There is no PF what will last 20 years.Yes Ivoclar is the most popular.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had a Ney Sunfire that was well over 20 years old and still worked fine when I threw it in a dumpster. I’ve got an Ivoclar P80, P95 and P100 that all have to be close to 20 years old if not over. I’m not sure if current production stuff will last as long, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

G

GarryB

Reaction score

We are still running a Dox oven that my dad bought over 30 years ago and is still going strong.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I have two porcelain furnaces that both are still firing great, and are both over twenty years in use. A Jelrus Wizard, and my first pressing furnace a Ney Cerampress, both workhorses!

Check out the Shenpaz Focus, mine is running strong after 14 years of daily use.