Anyone using 3Shape D2000?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We have a D2000 and an E3. I did a lot of testing and and within 1 hour no interruptions it is possible to scan roughly 20 quad case, 1 to 2 units each. Being the cases are entered previously and you PC is pretty well built. on average thought your looking about 15 or so taking your time. But i work a certain scan path. Model and opposing first. as soon as the i hear the scanner wind down and the logo turn solid green the door is open and i grab the die and place it in the scanner and start the die scan. While the die is scanning I set the bite and sticky wax it together. Then repeat the bite. Getting the scanner to have minimal downtime it key to scanning a boat load of case per hour. But it helps if your scanning solid model and single dies. While the mode and opp is scanning your die is ready to go, then set bite for final scan.

Faster GPU will take advantage of the GPU acceleration for post processing scans once scanned making it faster overall.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
When it says Processing, you can take that plate off and load the next one, and be ready for that scan right when it stops processing.
Like Sevan, I have it down to a pretty speedy scan process.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
For the record the D2000 is a fabulous and powerful scanner, I have owned one since the release and it's been bullet proof. All our large cases utilize the transfer plates for stratos articulators and our bites are perfect.

We also now have a E4 and it is even faster and more versatile.
How much cases do you scan per day on the D2000? I scan 30 to 60 cases a day that is like 80 to 90 units on an E4. Apart from that i do milling and do green states as well.

“We also now have a E4 and it is even faster and more versatile”. - this is what i like to hear about the E4. Fast less noise, also articulated bite scan is easy as well

Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
When it says Processing, you can take that plate off and load the next one, and be ready for that scan right when it stops processing.
Like Sevan, I have it down to a pretty speedy scan process.
This is exactly what i did.
This is my scan steps:
1. Solid pour
2. Pre-op if there is one
3. Occlusion
4. Prep side
5. Antagonist
6. Die

As for Implant cases:
1. Occlusion
2. Pre-op or tissue scan or Screw Guide scan
3. Prep
4. Antagonist ( while scanning i prep the die)
5. Die

I have a question about implants with screw hole. When you scan, are you using the guide or not? Sometimes i forget to scan and the design people will complain, i know it makes the screw hole more accurate, but is it really necessary?

one more question, when i scan i use the highest quality. Do you guys scan it on that quality or put it in the middle (fast - i forgot the name of that option lol ). Sometimes to align the occlusion it takes time and keeps on spinning, making me wait and slow.

Thank you all

Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
The dark theme is fine, use the default text color.
From my next post or comment, i will start using a different browser if i do it from my phone for this forum.

Last edited:
Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Alot of use the dark theme with no issues, its only when you change the text color does it cause an issue with the default theme. All you need to do is change the text color.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Alot of use the dark theme with no issues, its only when you change the text color does it cause an issue with the default theme. All you need to do is change the text color.
Alright i just change some settings not sure it will work. Im attaching a screenshot how it looks on my phone i had no idea that it would be like this. Hope it is fixed. I will

Sorry guys. 6F74C253-C554-48BE-8951-515F92FD72F3.png

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Alright i just change some settings not sure it will work. Im attaching a screenshot how it looks on my phone i had no idea that it would be like this
Alright i just change some settings not sure it will work. Im attaching a screenshot how it looks on my phone i had no idea that it would be like this. Hope it is fixed. I will

Sorry guys. View attachment 38068
still no...this is just a test so please do not reply.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Alright i just change some settings not sure it will work. Im attaching a screenshot how it looks on my phone i had no idea that it would be like this

still no...this is just a test so please do not reply.
the test works. so it my darkmode app/tweaks that reverse the color. im typing this message from my computer.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have a question about implants with screw hole. When you scan, are you using the guide or not? Sometimes i forget to scan and the design people will complain, i know it makes the screw hole more accurate, but is it really necessary?

one more question, when i scan i use the highest quality. Do you guys scan it on that quality or put it in the middle (fast - i forgot the name of that option lol ). Sometimes to align the occlusion it takes time and keeps on spinning, making me wait and slow.

I leave it on detailed. No rush. As for the implant hole for screw retained. If it is off a stock abutment prepped I will ad a pre op scan and use that to scan the adjacent tooth and abutment with no wax in the hole. But if it is off a custom abutment. while in the abutment design i use the AUX save feature and click on the abutment and save the abutment. This will save just the abutment body, hole and no interface. Save it in a folder call abutments hole use. THen when you scan the case in I add it the order as an AUX scan. Align it in design of crown. This way you get 100% hole location. But you have to tell the scan tech you saved the abutment design for hole use or tell the designer to grab the file. I made a shared folder all techs have access to. But for now I deign them and also scan them in so i have total control pre crown design.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Updates. I finally got a new E4 scanner yesterday. Back in track. The other E4 (not working) has been shipped to 3Shape for repair and under evaluation. I hope i get words from them by next week. Thank you guys for your kind support and response.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Top Bottom