D2000 Dual platform scan to desing, yeah its fast.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
A few years ago when I was working with the D700. I would begin to scan an arch, and go do something else. I knew I had about a minute free. So I would slide my chair across the room, finish some of what was sintered last night, then slide back to scan another arch. Back and forth, back and forth. It was productive. But the D2k, theres really no reason to find anything to do between arch scans. It's fast. Compared to the Nobel scanner and the InEos, its about 50-100X faster. :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sevan, when you installed your D2k, have you tried using anything other than the design module? Anytime I try to build a splint, model, etc, i get an old scan module and not the ScanIt module. And of course I can not scan those things. I am thinking the D2000 ScanIt module is applicable for scanning and designing only some thing, until an update. Is this close to correct? I haven't contacted the distributor yet. I'm just making a list of things to go over when the training folks arrive next month...

That happens to me when I go to do a copy of a wax-up in the frame tab, it open up the scanitrestoration instead of scanitdental. So looks to be another flaw. A work around would be to create a case, then scan the models in the opposing slot then close the scan, creat a new case then import the scans. Might work but not sure. we gotta deal with it until the full stable launch. I told Argen about the wax-up thing today.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
A few years ago when I was working with the D700. I would begin to scan an arch, and go do something else. I knew I had about a minute free. So I would slide my chair across the room, finish some of what was sintered last night, then slide back to scan another arch. Back and forth, back and forth. It was productive. But the D2k, theres really no reason to find anything to do between arch scans. It's fast. Compared to the Nobel scanner and the InEos, its about 50-100X faster. :)

LOL I remember sitting back waiting for the D700s to finish the scans, then I offset them start one wait 1 minute the start the other. Now I can barely get to the D700 before the D2000 says 'HEY ME FIRST PAL!' It is a nice feature to be able to have. FYI the plates are available just need to have your dealer order them, so far WhipMix, Sam, Artex and a few others are on the list but no Panadent the one I use 90% of the time. I have gotten into a rhythm of what to do next when the D2000 is almost ready for the next step, I love it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol, "HEY ME FIRST PAL!"..:) It's cool listening to this back and forth conversation about your scanners and what you guys are finding out and liking (in the other "Boom" and "Raise you" threads too). I'm very happy for you all...maybe a little jealous, but oh well, as I'm learning and picking up on some things, too.

A

Andrew Singer

Reaction score
Sevan, when you installed your D2k, have you tried using anything other than the design module? Anytime I try to build a splint, model, etc, i get an old scan module and not the ScanIt module. And of course I can not scan those things. I am thinking the D2000 ScanIt module is applicable for scanning and designing only some thing, until an update. Is this close to correct? I haven't contacted the distributor yet. I'm just making a list of things to go over when the training folks arrive next month...

you can use ScanIt Dental if you go into Dental System Control Panel > System Settings > ScanItRestoration > Prefer ScanItDental

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
you can use ScanIt Dental if you go into Dental System Control Panel > System Settings > ScanItRestoration > Prefer ScanItDental

I know this. You can only use scan it dental with the d2000. It does the old scan software when I go to do a wax-up copy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
This is already selected by default. And it isn't the issue. Even deselected, the old scan module is opened when choosing particular designs. And then it errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This is already selected by default. And it isn't the issue. Even deselected, the old scan module is opened when choosing particular designs. And then it errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and I already made 3shape aware of this bug, sorry buddy we gotta tough it out till July.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Yes, and I already made 3shape aware of this bug, sorry buddy we gotta tough it out till July.
Cool. I have plenty of questions. I am just waiting for the training at the end of the month. They think it will be training but its really gonna be me saying, here, scan this.... SEE! Make it work. I don't need training, but I am sure to learn a new shortcut or two. I hate the many steps that don't have a reset or a go back option. And there are a lot of steps that dont have an Apply, or Next option, and I learned, just press enter. They should fix that cause some people wont understand how things work and never hit enter when they dont see an apply/next button.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I was happy to see the real view in action today.
If you import a normal photo it works well, but exporting a photo from Dexis as a JPEG and importing it didn't work.
DLSR, go for it.
Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Cool. I have plenty of questions. I am just waiting for the training at the end of the month. They think it will be training but its really gonna be me saying, here, scan this.... SEE! Make it work. I don't need training, but I am sure to learn a new shortcut or two. I hate the many steps that don't have a reset or a go back option. And there are a lot of steps that dont have an Apply, or Next option, and I learned, just press enter. They should fix that cause some people wont understand how things work and never hit enter when they dont see an apply/next button.

Your training will be on 2015 only, there is no training on the D2000 yet, really I don't see the need to, only the occlusal table setup and and calibration other then that it is very simple to fiure out, I did mine be 2 days before my training and I ended up doing advanced training on Dentures and RPD and Gingival and messing around in 3Shape. Yes the real view has improved very much.