D2000 Dual platform scan to desing, yeah its fast.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So I did a quick video on our new D200 scanner, got both platforms to scan then took the scan to design. Overall start to finish was about 6 minutes. Had the settings set to detailed and not speed. Started the scan at 1:40 and finished the design at 7:50.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
with my calculations, that's 6 hrs and 10 min... pretty fast.. I guess
:cool:

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
So it took you that long to watch a 6min video? LOL you on dial up?
repeat interruptions... pause/play/pause
it is nice... I wasn't aware the software was out yet.. or the scanner was supported?
just when we got a D900... I guess we will be looking at that

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
What a time saver. Great work.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
That 2015 you're designing in right?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont understand, I can scan on my 710 in under 6 minutes... Isnt the new one supposed to be a lot faster...?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What a time saver. Great work.

Thanks Bob. Yes it is a time saver but still the d2000 has some flaws. And I'm not a fan of scan it dental.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I dont understand, I can scan on my 710 in under 6 minutes... Isnt the new one supposed to be a lot faster...?

Trust me it us much faster then the d710. I was also on detailed settings they rate speed of the scanner on speed settings. Less points to capture then the detailed mode.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
How's the new version working for you? From what I've read about the 2015 is that

they were only going to do a 1 or 2 dot release and they would spend the rest of the

year fixing bugs in stead of just releasing new dot versions. So far, it seems as if it's

going to still be the same old song and dance! Some things just never really change huh?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Kent, it is more stable then .2 but still buggy, if you sculpt on die on a four unit case #10 lets say you have to run through the margins on all the units then the die spacer on all the units. As were on 2014 if you sculpt on one die all the others steps on the other units are svaed and no longer have to be redone. It is a bit of a pita.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I wrote a blog on the added cost (or savings) by using a high speed scanner. You can read it here.
http://cap-us.com/2015/05/07/understanding-when-lab-scanners-become-obsolete/

Nice write up Bob, but I think the D2000 can produce more then 20 cases a day, now this is purely based on the skill of the scanner, get a guy who uses one scan plate for everything and removed and remounts models all the time then yes your lucky to get 20 cases a day on the scanner. Then in that cases you better find a replacement. LOL. When I had two D700's I was pumping 27 units in an hour once all the cases were inputted into 3shape, now that's with no interruptions or me playing my cell phone. Just imagine what can be done with the D2000 once they get it running full speed.

Sevan

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Nice write up Bob, but I think the D2000 can produce more then 20 cases a day, now this is purely based on the skill of the scanner, get a guy who uses one scan plate for everything and removed and remounts models all the time then yes your lucky to get 20 cases a day on the scanner.

Sevan
I had used 20 cases as an example as this is likely the volume of the average lab getting into scan and CAD. I know the scanner can do way more. I would expect it can scan 80-100 cases a day.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i see the sculpting tools still havent gotten better.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no i mean i know that bit but they havent added any way to sharpen, only smooth. still the same difficult toolkit. add remove smooth. no pinch, no square, no custom sculpt.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Sculpt has now merged together with smilecomposser, it is super easy once you get the hang of it. I like it.
Sevan, when you installed your D2k, have you tried using anything other than the design module? Anytime I try to build a splint, model, etc, i get an old scan module and not the ScanIt module. And of course I can not scan those things. I am thinking the D2000 ScanIt module is applicable for scanning and designing only some thing, until an update. Is this close to correct? I haven't contacted the distributor yet. I'm just making a list of things to go over when the training folks arrive next month...