Custom titanium abutments

C

ccdental

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a good milling center for straumann and nobel biocare abutments. I have tried a few and none seem as nice as direct from manufacturer. Any ideas. Dont have a scanner so have to send them a model.

Thanks
Nick

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have used astra teck. They have free software for your computer so you can see the abutment in 3d and change the dimensions before you ok it.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I highly recommend Atlantis. They offer a great warranty on their abutments that cover the abutment and the implant. As AL stated, they also allow you to view a 3D model of the abutment in place which you can edit.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a good milling center for straumann and nobel biocare abutments. I have tried a few and none seem as nice as direct from manufacturer. Any ideas. Dont have a scanner so have to send them a model.

Thanks
Nick

Hi,
We are manufacturing all Nobel and Strauman bone level titanium CLA,s (as well as many others).
If you are using a model work flow we send a video of the design out for approval prior to milling. We are very competitively priced and have a quick turn around.
Bob

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What mill are you using for these abutments?

C

ccdental

Reaction score
Been using atlantis was just looking for a cheaper option for some doc's.
I have not found any as nice as atlantis. Sent 4 to cap and were no where near as nice.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure Bob will figure it out quick.

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I'm sure Bob will figure it out quick.

He still may be able to figure out ExoCAD and SUM3D, like I suggested he do.

He has all the tools.

I will be attempting this soon with new Italian scanner and Exocad Implant and BAR add-ons, and SUM3D and Haas OM2-A. Industrial stuff, like Glidewell uses.

I will mill the interface and not do like CAP does.
I'm sure they will follow soon.

I bet I will make some turds while I'm a noob as well. I always do.

It's all new!.
Only going to get cheaper and faster and better.

Bob just does whatever B&D has their mill set-up to do.
It's not his fault the product is not perfect out of the box.
Probably didn't tinker around, like I would have done.

Scrap the whole idea of pre-milled interface and the B&D CAM and use SUM3D.
Bob, you have a Five Axis wet-mill?

Or only Four?

Hi Scott, looks like I am going down the works NC route as they can use the laser through IBH, You still a seller for Exo, how much for the full package including Bar modual(really I need it like yesterday),Our bar surgeon has just told me he has 40 bars he needs befor April and the Everest software just can't cope with that number. We sent him 17 in the last 8 days and it was a killer. Will you sell it to me in the UK :) Any probs then pm me. Thanks loads Pete

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Call Nobil Metal, in Italy.

They have all the scanning locators you will need as well.

Also, a beta non-Exocad way to do Implant Bridges.

And They are closer to your time Zone.

You would need to get to know them eventually.

Come over here and teach me how to make beautiful bars when I get trained!

I hope the Work NC is all you hope it to be. Sounds cool.

Last edited:
A

arnie16403

Reaction score
wrong button there, doesn't sum3d output an stl file, if so what's to figure out? I would love to get a file from you off sum3d. Has far as doing abutment on 5 axis mills, that's my current way of cutting abutment but with the prices dropping it can't stay their, I'm charging 90 abutment and I will take Atlantis quality on any time.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Arnie, we should be working together?

We should meet up one day!

You'd love our group of wackos. :D

I hear you make good stuff in Ti.

SUM3D is CAM that accepts plenty of files other than stl.

Also, ExoCAD (the CAD) outputs those formats necessary for proper machining of holes and other geometric shapes. Not STL.

It's a mix actually! You this already, I'm sure.

Last edited:
A

arnie16403

Reaction score
I just milled a bar from Exocad, It outputs a Stl and a xml file for placing the abutments on the bar. We should meet up some time, do you go to the New York show? good to hear people like my ti work, I haven't actually seen the quality of work most guys are putting out but all my customers are very happy with the quallity.

O

omarbhan

Reaction score

Thanks
Nick

Are you in USA?

Regards
Omar

R

robdinker

Reaction score
Hey Nick,

I am with Dental Science Implant Milling Center located in Atlanta GA, we specialize in custom milled titanium/zirconia abutments as well as custom milled titanium bars. Are prices are $140 for custom milled titanium abutments. If you have any further questions please feel free to call me at 877-464-1225. I would love to mill an abutment for you free to show you the quality of our work.

Best,

Rob Dinker
Dental Science

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
And if all else fails buy the big ole full contour blank Ti abutment from Implant Direct for $85 and grind it to shape by hand... I've found I can do this on 80% of my posterior cases faster and cheaper than scanning/designing shipping/receiving outsourced abutments.

rex

O

omarbhan

Reaction score
Your are right it is the same her in our lab.
reg.
Omar