custom Ti and Zirc abutments

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
some of the results we have been getting from our outsource partner have been below average (and their pricing isnt!) i am repeatedly having to cut down custom Ti abutments that are left .5mm or less from the opposing. had a screw retained zirc crown over ti base come back looking like a trainee designed the contours. ended up having to layer 2-6mm of porcelain on it. (yes i said 6mm). extra fees for soft tissue models, and we include them on everything, then the office staff gets nasty when we call and confront them on it. and then we get the letter....pricing is increasing 5% across the board....

soooooooooooooooo, its time to go shopping.

we are hunting for a reliable Ti and Zirc abutment outsourcing partner. here is what i need:
- east coast, preferably southeast for faster shipping times
-quality over quantity
-follow the Rx
-have staff that answers the phone and isnt completely nasty/grumpy EVERY single time we call
-reasonable turn around times. ideally, lets not take 3 weeks to make an abutment from a model (hopefully soon we will be sending just design files)

can anyone point me in a decent direction?

A

adl

Reaction score
some of the results we have been getting from our outsource partner have been below average (and their pricing isnt!) i am repeatedly having to cut down custom Ti abutments that are left .5mm or less from the opposing. had a screw retained zirc crown over ti base come back looking like a trainee designed the contours. ended up having to layer 2-6mm of porcelain on it. (yes i said 6mm). extra fees for soft tissue models, and we include them on everything, then the office staff gets nasty when we call and confront them on it. and then we get the letter....pricing is increasing 5% across the board....

we are hunting for a reliable Ti and Zirc abutment outsourcing partner. here is what i need:
-quality over quantity
-follow the Rx
-have staff that answers the phone and isnt completely nasty/grumpy EVERY single time we call
-reasonable turn around times. ideally, lets not take 3 weeks to make an abutment from a model (hopefully soon we will be sending just design files)

Axis milling , they are in Ga. great people as well. 706-882 1944

A

adl

Reaction score

-quality over quantity
-follow the Rx

Also Trucrown in Pa if you have Elos scan bodies

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Send everything to Straumann. They do a real bang up job:rolleyes:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Of you milling zr in house you sure as hell should do abutment and and screw retained as well. Since easy then you can blame yourself if anything goes wrong. Lol. Don't want to try cap?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Of you milling zr in house you sure as hell should do abutment and and screw retained as well. Since easy then you can blame yourself if anything goes wrong. Lol. Don't want to try cap?

yeah, just need TIME to make all this in house stuff happen. yall know i work 7 days a week 12-16+ hour days right?> ITS BUSY! i want to spend a little bit less time in the lab in 2017 lol

had very very VERY poor results from cap when i gave them a shot. multiple cases. learned my lesson.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Put a ad out for cad cam tech and take a break man, you can't 110% forever. Sorry about your experience never used them but people talk highly of them, must now start to be a hype? But everyone has their own pov on how their work should look like and you can cater to all perfecrly.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Put a ad out for cad cam tech and take a break man, you can't 110% forever. Sorry about your experience never used them but people talk highly of them, must now start to be a hype? But everyone has their own pov on how their work should look like and you can cater to all perfecrly.

training someone now. it will be a few months before she dabbles in cad/cam but she is doing great. hoping by the summer i can have some weekends!
cap customer support has been amazing. but the work just didnt cut it for me. quality was decent but following instructions was.....non existent.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
yeah, just need TIME to make all this in house stuff happen. yall know i work 7 days a week 12-16+ hour days right?> ITS BUSY! i want to spend a little bit less time in the lab in 2017 lol

had very very VERY poor results from cap when i gave them a shot. multiple cases. learned my lesson.

Thought about hiring someone? It would be worth YOUR time to hire someone experienced and pay them. Stop being so cheap SSB!! :D:cool:

Top Bottom