Curing Units

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've used these 'tea urns' as we call them here for god knows how many years (run out of fingers). No rust issues, going strong. I have a perforated aluminium type of lid in the bottom to cover element so flasks do not sit on it. Holds about 5 Success flasks or a three flask unit tipped over leaning against the side. Brought a second a few months back because I often have need to do 8-10 at a time. Can control temp which is good for fast and slow cure. They heat really fast, so you'd have to do a manual slow temp increase if you wanted slow heat increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The elements are external to the water vessel in this unit. The bottom of the water area is solid aluminium, I have what is effectively a cake cooling rack in the bottom to keep the elements heating the water instead of near direct contact with a flask.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Just want to let you know, it has a somewhate wide hysteresis, so it will not work for things like ClearSplint that need a very narrow temperature window.
You know I have no had issue with clearsplint what so ever. I normally just put it right in a pressure pot with rolling boil tea kettle water, 90psi 15min later it is beautiful. I am definitely abusing the material, but cases still clear 2 years later, not deformed, no ethyl methacrylate smell or taste. Still thermoform. Still thermoform fine after placed in hot water. I use the regular not the flexi stuff so that may be why.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You know I have no had issue with clearsplint what so ever. I normally just put it right in a pressure pot with rolling boil tea kettle water, 90psi 15min later it is beautiful. I am definitely abusing the material, but cases still clear 2 years later, not deformed, no ethyl methacrylate smell or taste. Still thermoform. Still thermoform fine after placed in hot water. I use the regular not the flexi stuff so that may be why.
Yeah, the flexi stuff has something like a 5 degree range and they want it in a 2 deg window for max results. sous-vide cooker to the rescue!

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
FryDaddy. When you get done processing. You can cook your lunch.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
For press pack I use a Hanau benchtop tank. holds one case in flask clamp. Turn on for two hours and done. Never had a problem with diamond d with that.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I have a big Harris Curing Unit I'd sell for $100--- only used it for 3 weeks while I rebuilt my Coe gas curing tank. Like new and holds many cases.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Yes it is...lol. I will get some pics up asap.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Just bought an acrydig and it is nice...they come in two sizes so we bought the larger one. Later on you may want to cure more than one unit at a time.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
make sure you get one that is set it and forget it with controls for that..You will never regret that type.

Top Bottom