Crystal Ultra?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I came across this and I found it interesting, it looks like another type of Lava Ultimate? Maybe this type of material is the future and things will swing this way? What are y'all's thoughts?

http://crystalultra.com

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I came across this and I found it interesting, it looks like another type of Lava Ultimate? Maybe this type of material is the future and things will swing this way? What are y'all's thoughts?

http://crystalultra.com
what the heck is it?

all i can determine is its a porcelain powder, as indicated in its 510k, but there no information concerning composition at all.

so its a kind of glass... i think... but there nothing to tell.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Looks like amazing stuff. From my past use of this company I think I'll find it hard to want to deal with them. I used to use their crystal fcz 3-4 years ago. Material was great I just couldn't stand working with them. So I found out where they got there z blocks from which was sagemax and went directly to them...much better. I'll bet that this is someone else's material they rename like they did years ago with all their other products. Not to put a downer on anything cause from reading it looks pretty awesome.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's another hybrid resinceramic.

Mark Jackson was right wasn't he?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
what the heck is it?

all i can determine is its a porcelain powder, as indicated in its 510k, but there no information concerning composition at all.

so its a kind of glass... i think... but there nothing to tell.

All I found on the SDS was nothing! Haha. It was not informative at all. Neither was the IdentCeram website. It's labeled under Dental Labratory Milling Supplies.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The game has changed again.

Who wants to play by the new rules/

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Here....here is another one of their products. This might help a little maybe? I noticed that there is no link when you try to click on the IdentCeram sticker.

http://www.crystalzirconia.com/

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Just called them and it is 70% glass and 30% polymer. A 15mm blank is $399 lol. I might order one tomorrow and give it a whirl.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Just called them and it is 70% glass and 30% polymer. A 15mm blank is $399 lol. I might order one tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Geez...that's expensive! What kind of firing? Get that furnace dialed in Tyler! It is some nice looking stuff. Hopefully it's easy to stain and glaze as well.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Your not getting it it's not zirconia man it is a hybrid resin material. Like lava ultimate but different properties. Mill stain with light cure stain and go.

By the way you gotta change that blue font back to black man that is killing my eyes and can barely read it.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Even at $399 a puck with not having a shrink factor in the material you should be able to get close to 25 to 30 units in a puck maybe? And at 25 units a puck for $399 it is $15 a unit material cost, sell the crown for $145 sounds like a win and nothing but profit. Who knows we will see. I'm gunna order one tomorrow.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Ahh...Duhhh....my bad. Geez...been a long day. Sorry about that. Phew

Here you go Tyler....how about this?

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Sounds a little to good to be true... I want to try it!

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Sounds a little to good to be true... I want to try it!
I know right? My concern is with it being glass and in a 98mm puck how it will mill and what type of strategy will be needed? But hey all we can do is try it out.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Tyler...know how to modify the strategies in SUM? Maybe tinker with a PMMA strategy. Or I'll write you one and you can buy it from me. Haha. Lots of trial by fire...or glass...but glass doesn't burn...hmmm....

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Tyler...know how to modify the strategies in SUM? Maybe tinker with a PMMA strategy. Or I'll write you one and you can buy it from me. Haha. Lots of trial by fire...or glass...but glass doesn't burn...hmmm....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Even at $399 a puck with not having a shrink factor in the material you should be able to get close to 25 to 30 units in a puck maybe? And at 25 units a puck for $399 it is $15 a unit material cost, sell the crown for $145 sounds like a win and nothing but profit. Who knows we will see. I'm gunna order one tomorrow.
Don't forget you won't need a model either.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Don't forget you won't need a model either.

The thing is if this is any indication of where materials will be going it will just drive the pricing down per puck like zirconia ;)