Continental Dental - 3 Shaded Zr?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Just saw an ad for Luxer from Continental. They claim to have a 3 shade solid zr? And supposedly won't discolor even if occlusal adjustments are made.

Are they really using a multi-shaded puck? Or is this just more "dipping/acid stains"

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I know Bryan at Continental Dental Lab in Torrance CA. He & his staff are a pretty cool bunch.
YES he has a 3 shade zirconia disk. I was just there last week dropping him off some products
and he was showing me some finished crowns from this new disk and it looked good.

Ron

TD Dental Supply

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Any idea if they are selling these pucks? Origin of these tri colored Zr?

I don't quite understand how these pucks would be optimal - there is an offset to every restoration on a puck. How would you get a long span bridge to fall evenly into the "zones" for all 3 colors to be correct?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
He's definitely not reselling them. Maybe Bryan will chime in soon to answer questions.

Ron
TD Dental Supply

B

bdoviack

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bryan here from Continental. Yes, the pucks are tri-colored and not dipped. They are 100% Tosoh powder. At the moment, we don't have any immediate plans to resell them. We'll be putting up more information very soon.

Thanks
Bryan

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
I know Kanata will have this disks on the market soon

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
cool. but still, how are you adjusting for tooth offsets?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
(( PAGING MR. DOVIAK)) (( MR. DOVIAK, YOU HAVE AN UNANSWERED QUESTION ON DLN)) HAHA!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i would imagine that in order to accomodate the offsets you'll just have to nest it differently in your CAM. or are you speaking about something different ?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Playing with the Z offset...way easier than the Ivoclar side press ingot would be...IMO

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
god, that is such a chore though...adjusting each unit's offset...how is that productive? is the thought that the time you spend there, will be lessened during stain/glaze?

B

bdoviack

Reaction score
Hi All,

Great question about offsets in longer bridges. Naturally, not every single bridge you come across will fit perfectly along the shading gradients, but most of the ones we have come across came out well. There are different ways to make it work (i.e. tilting things in your CAM software if it is 5 axis).

We're still trying to get some great photos to demonstrate how the finished product looks. The problem is that the gradients are quite subtle and hard to pick up on the camera. If anyone knows a great macro-photographer, please let us know.

Some of the biggest issues we're working on is the logistics and operational factors. For example, if you have 4 different bridges that are 4 different shades, how do you schedule your production efficiently to make sure your mills are most effectively utilized.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi All,

Great question about offsets in longer bridges. Naturally, not every single bridge you come across will fit perfectly along the shading gradients, but most of the ones we have come across came out well. There are different ways to make it work (i.e. tilting things in your CAM software if it is 5 axis).

We're still trying to get some great photos to demonstrate how the finished product looks. The problem is that the gradients are quite subtle and hard to pick up on the camera. If anyone knows a great macro-photographer, please let us know.

Some of the biggest issues we're working on is the logistics and operational factors. For example, if you have 4 different bridges that are 4 different shades, how do you schedule your production efficiently to make sure your mills are most effectively utilized.

Hey Bryan I can give it a shot, I got lights a macro lens and focusing rail.

As for the logistics, put some units in the same puck that are the same shade while that is cutting cam the next patch in the next shade, once the machine stops the next one is ready to go, the best would be to have two mills and feed them both continuously. Also cutting a groups of four to five maybe six units at a time is more ideal then loading up an entire disk and tying up the mill all day on hour on end.