Composite resin 98mm pucks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of manufacturers are working on this here in the states. I'm curious if anyone knows where you can get one, from who, and if it will mill on a dry roland, or must be milled on wet mill? Thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
There are but they are not gradient like some of the good PMMA,

This is the blank I have used, it is designed to have incisal layered on it and while it is stronger it is MUCH more expensive than PMMA.

https://www.schuetz-dental.de/en/pr...ian-blank-zirconia-reinforced-composite-98-mm

Did you purchase the incisal layering material?...light cure? Also I noticed the indications were only 3 unit bridges, but below that it says up to 16 unit bridges (which I have in the case I'm doing). Does it mill on dry mill?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Did you purchase the incisal layering material?...light cure? Also I noticed the indications were only 3 unit bridges, but below that it says up to 16 unit bridges (which I have in the case I'm doing). Does it mill on dry mill?

I used Gradia on it Rob, yes dry mills fine, 3 unit bridges are considered permanent restorations. anything longer says it is rated at 2 years in the mouth.

Any dimension the stuff is going to last. long spans need to be managed like all bridge work but I have done some split files with this material with slm under frames and this material veneered to it. Still to new for me to really give it a true long term endorsement.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
So why do you need to use this stuff? Is PMMA not strong enough?

What I used it for was a case that the patient had a max zirc hybrid and was taking all the lower ant teeth out and placing an additional 2 fixtures in on the lower. Day of surgery I wanted to have a bullet proof appliance ready to go that would just hover above the new fixtures up front. Patient already had post 4 implants integrated and I made a provisional arch that had a SLM internal backbone to keep ant cantilever from failing. Dr wanted to make sure patient did not chew through the appliance before the ant fixtures were integrated and ready to restore. This guy has a past track record of destroying everything. Dr asked me to find something he could easily repair in the mouth so I found this product.

So far so good.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What I used it for was a case that the patient had a max zirc hybrid and was taking all the lower ant teeth out and placing an additional 2 fixtures in on the lower. Day of surgery I wanted to have a bullet proof appliance ready to go that would just hover above the new fixtures up front. Patient already had post 4 implants integrated and I made a provisional arch that had a SLM internal backbone to keep ant cantilever from failing. Dr wanted to make sure patient did not chew through the appliance before the ant fixtures were integrated and ready to restore. This guy has a past track record of destroying everything. Dr asked me to find something he could easily repair in the mouth so I found this product.

So far so good.
How long has it been in situ?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think its going on 5 months. so far, last I heard we were going to get started on the final but it has not reached my desk. Going through all the steps on the final it was estimated that it would be in the mouth for close to 6 months but who knows.

Again to new to really know if its a benefit over PMMA

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Great advice Mr. Wilson, I have a similar case to what you were describing. Also, that the patient is in front of the press a lot so aesthetics are important, along with the Doctors suggestion of something that he can "tweak", take away, or add to chairside long term till the opposing arch gets finished. I made Mr. Schiable a happy man today :) Ordered it today, I'll keep ya posted how it goes.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Damn am I turning into an outside sales rep or what
No offense to the current speakers working the lecture circuit, but it amazes me that you aren't routinely asked to do lectures on implants, advanced implants and such. Whenever I have an implant issue that has me stumps (and I don't do just the easy ones either),you've always been there and the go to guy to answer those questions each and every time. Heck, we all see it on here, kudos to you Mr. Wilson for making yourself the implant guru :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
No offense to the current speakers working the lecture circuit, but it amazes me that you aren't routinely asked to do lectures on implants, advanced implants and such. Whenever I have an implant issue that has me stumps (and I don't do just the easy ones either),you've always been there and the go to guy to answer those questions each and every time. Heck, we all see it on here, kudos to you Mr. Wilson for making yourself the implant guru :)

Thats nice of you to say Rob made my day :)

I do not advertise here but I do do more lecturing than many may know. I will be putting on some CAD courses PERSONALLY soon combined with some advanced CAM strategies to mill full arch restorations.

Most of the time I choose to lecture its not for the honorarium. Many that do seem to be ONLY doing it because they are getting paid. I don't want to be that guy, travel and costs associated with being away from the lab can be a big nut to crack.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Thats nice of you to say Rob made my day :)

I do not advertise here but I do do more lecturing than many may know. I will be putting on some CAD courses PERSONALLY soon combined with some advanced CAM strategies to mill full arch restorations.

Most of the time I choose to lecture its not for the honorarium. Many that do seem to be ONLY doing it because they are getting paid. I don't want to be that guy, travel and costs associated with being away from the lab can be a big nut to crack.
Hello John

We would like to take your course. Could u kindly let's know when r u going to offer your next course. It would be privilege to learn from you.

Regards

Sam