Can I get away with LT A1?

The shade is going to be A1

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll117_tdearmey_patientpictures414.jpg
ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll117_tdearmey_patientpictures414.jpg

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Hi travis, tough case. I would maybe go MO or MO1. The greyness on the preps may be a problem for the LT.

jeff

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to press it MO1
Theres too many to have one be a problem.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Travis I think MO1 is safe. Mainly because the pontic may be lighter than the others and 10 a bit darker for the finals.
Even with the MO1 I would wax the linguals full contour and close the spaces completely in the lingual with the pressing, then use the layering porc to finish closing the triangles on the facial.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
If you have plenty of facial thickness you may get away with LT
To be safe your better off with MO as the 2 gurus above have mentioned

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Trav, you have alot of room to work here. the prep shade looks like it has every shade from A1 to D4 on it!! just too much of a chance of something sneaking through
anyway, MO1 will be nice. press yourself some good supportive copings (like Al mentioned, do them with pressed full contour linguals) then layer them with your ceram. you'll be in good shape there and have no worries.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Looks good Travis.
May I suggest closing the contact up a little more........add it from the lingual (between 8-9 and 9-10). This will close any dark triangle you might get clinically and in addition, allow that tissue to grow in there.....free gingiva tissue will close in a gap like that as long as it doesn't have to grow more than 3mm.....

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Rob, it looks good and close the spaces from the lingual. Use a shade darker for the add on like A2.

Last edited:
sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Travis, great job with this case! If you can get some in-vivo pictures after the case goes in that would be nice to see how it all came together for you, dentist & patient. Looks like your on your way.

C

charles007

Reaction score

Travis, great work, and I now see you have a lot of talent, not just with computers !
If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I would make a few minor changes.
1. #7 out to much facially compared to #10
2. #7 incisal edge is shorter than #10. To make the patient look younger, shorten #10 to match #7...... Make slightly different to look more natural, but more so the same length.
3. #6 you can see the entire distal facial, roll back slightly. This makes the
cuspid look to wide.
4. From the angle I'm seeing, #11 needs to be built out more facially...
5. Close dark triangles for sure.......
6. Make the distal facial on#8 match # 9 which look better....Number 9 is more concave on the distal facial-line angle.
On cuspids, always roll the distal facial back. Cuspids are always to the hardest tooth to make natural looking in the mouth.
7. Add a little staining to the cuspids to make slightly darker, more chroma, and a touch at the neck on the laterals. That will make it disappear in the mouth instead of looking like a new porcelain bridge that's one shade.
Unless the patient is really young, add a T tiny touch of colored stain on the incisal edge.....

Really nice work Travis, this is the first case I've seen of yours ! I like your general contours, line angles, incisal contours, and open incisal embrasures. With a few adjustments and add-ons, this case will look so much better.

Travis, now that I see your really a good technician, I hope to see more great work from you .
Well done.

Charles
ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll117_tdearmey_IMG_2902.jpg ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll117_tdearmey_IMG_2911.jpg

Last edited:
Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I pressed all 6 in one shot.

I walked through the case with the dr. and he seemed happy with it.

I did open it up a bit between 8,9 because it was making the line angles on #9 look off.

I would like to get some pics in the mouth. Well see what happens.

I still cant figure the lighting to show the details in the crowns.

Thanks for the kind words.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Travis, great work, and I now see you have a lot of talent, not just with computers !
If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I would make a few minor changes.
1. #7 out to much facially compared to #10
2. #7 incisal edge is shorter than #10. To make the patient look younger, shorten #10 to match #7...... Make slightly different to look more natural, but more so the same length.
3. #6 you can see the entire distal facial, roll back slightly. This makes the
cuspid look to wide.
4. From the angle I'm seeing, #11 needs to be built out more facially...
5. Close dark triangles for sure.......
6. Make the distal facial on#8 match # 9 which look better....Number 9 is more concave on the distal facial-line angle.
On cuspids, always roll the distal facial back. Cuspids are always to the hardest tooth to make natural looking in the mouth.
7. Add a little staining to the cuspids to make slightly darker, more chroma, and a touch at the neck on the laterals. That will make it disappear in the mouth instead of looking like a new porcelain bridge that's one shade.
Unless the patient is really young, add a T tiny touch of colored stain on the incisal edge.....

Really nice work Travis, this is the first case I've seen of yours ! I like your general contours, line angles, incisal contours, and open incisal embrasures. With a few adjustments and add-ons, this case will look so much better.

Travis, now that I see your really a good technician, I hope to see more great work from you .
Well done.

Charles

Thats a lot to take in... Had to read it a few times.
Lol, at some point I have to return the case. Looking at the pics does help to see things differently. Iam glad I could share this. Its nice getting feedback and help to making improvements. I ll have to do this next time before I return the case. :D

C

charles007

Reaction score
Thats a lot to take in... Had to read it a few times.
Lol, at some point I have to return the case. Looking at the pics does help to see things differently. Iam glad I could share this. Its nice getting feedback and help to making improvements. I ll have to do this next time before I return the case. :D

Travis, I was being super critical. but I know you will think I'm trying to be helpful, rather than hurtful.
Large, in your face pictures sometimes show flaws that you may never see. If I only wanted to make one change, I would build out #11 slightly, the bicuspid is popping out first, corridor, plus the dark triangle you may see.

Charles