Chicago meetings

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
It is possible to customize the way the tooth libraries behave in exocad. I am working on a project to do that now. Just need some spare time. LOL
That sounds interesting. Are you making changes to the config file to get better placement of the tooth presentation? If you don't want to say now I understand. I've played with the xml files some but not to the extent you have, I was curious where you'd begin for such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
That sounds interesting. Are you making changes to the config file to get better placement of the tooth presentation? If you don't want to say now I understand. I've played with the xml files some but not to the extent you have, I was curious where you'd begin for such a thing.

It has to do with the tooth libraries and model editor. You can define what areas (equator, cusps ridges, etc.) of the teeth are moved during free form. The proposal has to do with where you mark the mesial and distal contact points on the individual tooth in the library. You can get better initial proposals just by changing where you indicate the mesial and distal points are.
You can see this when you are designing a crown. Try putting you m & d contact points on the abutting teeth and see where the proposal moves to with the stock library.
Pm me.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
I forget what they're calling it but the new version of exocad is supposed to have a new feature in the free forming step where you can click and pull that area anywhere you want so basically there aren't any distinctions between parts when using this tool. You can also mark an area of the crown or coping and that area will not move as you click and pull on other parts of the tooth.
I get pretty good placement for the tooth presentation but most of the time the tooth is a little oversized M B D L.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I forget what they're calling it but the new version of exocad is supposed to have a new feature in the free forming step where you can click and pull that area anywhere you want so basically there aren't any distinctions between parts when using this tool. You can also mark an area of the crown or coping and that area will not move as you click and pull on other parts of the tooth.
I get pretty good placement for the tooth presentation but most of the time the tooth is a little oversized M B D L.

Paint and pull.

T

Till

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sorry that some of you were not happy with the seminar last morning. In order to try to fix this, we'll do two things:

- For those who were at the seminar, and were not happy with it, we'll offer a (free) follow-up remote seminar with a different trainer. Please send an email to support (at) us.exocad.com, stating your name, and we will get back to you with dates. The follow-up seminar will be held after IDS (end of March).
- Next year, we'll fly in one of our top trainers from Europe, to make sure that you get the best possible seminars.

On a side note, for both presenters, it was the first public exocad seminar they ever did. The presenter who did the expert seminar, is actually one of our software testers, not presenter/trainer. Our team is currently very busy with the preparations for IDS, it is a quite challenging situation that there's only one week between the Chicago show and IDS this year. Again, I'm sorry the seminars weren't optimal, and I hope that those who were not happy with the quality of the presentation will still take a second look at the exocad software, before making a purchase decision.

All the best,
Tillmann
(CEO/exocad)

Felt bad for Exocad based machine resellers.. The Exocad seminar this morning was not good at all. If you saw this first before checking out a demonstration by lets say DAL you would be turned off.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So you're more committed to IDS?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Home sweet home and danish crabs are near but next time they push hard.Five
You can usually avoid Danish crabs by staying out of the brothels or sharing clothes with 3Shape userso_O.

T

Till

Reaction score
Hi,

So you're more committed to IDS?

The IDS is our 'home game' and the biggest dental show... So, in the years where there's both, we generally don't present much news at the Chicago show, but keep it for IDS. There's some exciting stuff to come in two weeks :)

bye,
Tillmann

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
For the $ I think the Preciso is the best system. I have only experienced their system so I am biased, but the support is excellent, < two hours from call to solution. my 2cents

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
So then you have experience with both Exocad and 3shape. If you were starting out to make your first purchase { such as me } which direction would you head in ? Thanks. The new line of 3shape will not be laser if that makes a difference.
I think Glidewell's CloudPoint should be considered. The price point for a scanner, pc and CAD program is ridiculous for what you get, and the software is pretty intuitive. Right now, its only for monolithic resotrations. but they said copings would be added within 6 months....

C

charles007

Reaction score
I think Glidewell's CloudPoint should be considered. The price point for a scanner, pc and CAD program is ridiculous for what you get, and the software is pretty intuitive. Right now, its only for monolithic resotrations. but they said copings would be added within 6 months....
fyi then you can send your files to Glidewell to mill BruxZir at $59.00 off scan files plus shipping........Laugh
Maybe the scanner is totally Open ?.....but who cares, its Glidewell that created the $99.00 fcz crowns ;) who I give full credit for dumbing down lab prices.

I'm on the list of BruxZir labs which I need to ask Glidewell to take my labs name off the list. Every time I receive a BruxZir telphone call these docs are looking for a cheap $99.00 crown. Once I give then my price its no thanks.. lol

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So this was the highlight of Chicago?? a couple new scanners? Sleep i was expecting big things, Im pretty glad I didnt go..

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Well it depends on what you were looking for, I was happy to get a spare mill with open CAM from Jensen for< 17K. I can now use any pucks from any vendor, but I will stick with the Jensen materials. There new Imagine is now available and it looks as good as Emax full contour. I did find a couple contacts for ti abutments as well, just waiting for follow up calls on the scan body kits. It was a very electric atmosphere on the floor Friday, if you could not find something to peek your interest, you weren't looking. Just my opinion, but I took away a couple tips and hat is worth the whole trip.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I cant believe that there are labs that still dont use a scanner?? Im a one man lab and I have two.. I couldnt imagine doing business today without it.. or at least making any money.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I cant believe that there are labs that still dont use a scanner?? Im a one man lab and I have two.. I couldnt imagine doing business today without it.. or at least making any money.
You and I need to talk ! Would love to hear your perspective... I am on the opposite end of the spectrum where I can't figure out how to make money with a scanner, I would break even at absolute best.. I'm working on switching my clients over to pfz's instead of pfms which would help the numbers ;). Could you pm me your number ?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
chicago was good. CAL LAB was mostly ok.

yes, nothing ground breaking like a new material, but everyone is making good strides. Let's be honest here folks, anything worth mentioning will be held out for IDS next week.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
You and I need to talk ! Would love to hear your perspective... I am on the opposite end of the spectrum where I can't figure out how to make money with a scanner, I would break even at absolute best.. I'm working on switching my clients over to pfz's instead of pfms which would help the numbers ;). Could you pm me your number ?

I'm in the same boat. I'm just a one man show. I do about 100 crowns a month. Half of which are PFM. And a split between Full Zirc, Layered Zirc, and pressing. I've lost some zirc work to that big place out in CA. I figure I won't get that anyways. At best I would be saving a scan fee on about 30 crowns a month. My wife drops off and picks up my work and the scan mill lab is on her route. So no shipping. I could only hope that zirc stuff would pick up. I would for sure look at Argen for SLM. But in my mind I know I would want the mill along with the scanner. I do have a guy who does about half my models and another who helps out in the wax. I can see scanning the full stuff but would need the mill along with it.

Top Bottom