Chicago meetings

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Any big improvements on the scanners? The indentica looks sweet Biggrin

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
DOF had two new scanners, one a improvement of there current version with a larger chamber higher megapixel cameras and a faster USB. And a second one called a swing. I don't know anything more about that one because my inability to communicate in Korean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Dental wings new iOS scanner had a much smaller head than other ones that I have seen. Was told it would be out in the forth quarter and should be priced under 20k. This will export stl files only.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Dental wings new iOS scanner had a much smaller head than other ones that I have seen. Was told it would be out in the forth quarter and should be priced under 20k. This will export stl files only.

Its a Steinbichler in DW clothes.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Felt bad for Exocad based machine resellers.. The Exocad seminar this morning was not good at all. If you saw this first before checking out a demonstration by lets say DAL you would be turned off.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Felt bad for Exocad based machine resellers.. The Exocad seminar this morning was not good at all. If you saw this first before checking out a demonstration by lets say DAL you would be turned off.
What was so heinous?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
^
What he said?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Difficult to understand speaker and vice versa. Did not answer audience questions very well.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Disjointed presentation. Presenter had to ask for help moving around the screen. He seemed unfamiliar with the software. At one point he mentioned that he was new to it but 3 sentences later mentioned something about when he does training sessions. It would seem to me that he should have been sharp as a tack and well polished. Maybe it was just me but that was the impression I was left with. On a side note. I sat with a lady from Zahn who walked me through 3Shape design of full contour and bridge design and I thought she was top notch. This was a basic intro. course to Exocad and there was a more advanced class after that. Maybe it was better. That being said the first impression of the basics { in my opinion} was not good. The resellers were much better and I was impressed with Exocad. Medit, Dal.etc. Surely I wont make a purchase decision on these 2 experiences only. Just saying.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Disjointed presentation. Presenter had to ask for help moving around the screen. He seemed unfamiliar with the software. At one point he mentioned that he was new to it but 3 sentences later mentioned something about when he does training sessions. It would seem to me that he should have been sharp as a tack and well polished. Maybe it was just me but that was the impression I was left with. On a side note. I sat with a lady from Zahn who walked me through 3Shape design of full contour and bridge design and I thought she was top notch. This was a basic intro. course to Exocad and there was a more advanced class after that. Maybe it was better. That being said the first impression of the basics { in my opinion} was not good. The resellers were much better and I was impressed with Exocad. Medit, Dal.etc. Surely I wont make a purchase decision on these 2 experiences only. Just saying.
Who was the speaker?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I don't recall. But he sat with his back to audience rather than at a podium. Just not well thought out. I hope this does not sound like I'm bitching as I can only imagine how tough it is to talk to a crowd. Like I said the software looked slick when presented by others. Tough decision.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Actually it was a rep from Nobel that tried his best to derail her presentation. He expected her to design a 3 unit implant bridge and bar in an hour while teaching 30+ people. The clinic was intended to show people the possibilities exocad offers not an one hour crash course on every module they offer. That guy that kept asking questions was from Nobel and was pissing pretty much everyone in the room off and prevented a lot of information from being presented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'm still thinking hard about going back to exocad. That blue is a nice one.

So then you have experience with both Exocad and 3shape. If you were starting out to make your first purchase { such as me } which direction would you head in ? Thanks. The new line of 3shape will not be laser if that makes a difference.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have experience with both, more experience with exocad though. Since you are getting ready to jump in. It really boils down to technical support. This site has a lot more 3Shape users to share knowledge with you.
When you get closer to making your decision on which one. You need to ask around here about the support from the reseller you are considering purchasing from.
Both are powerful full featured software. Exocad is more open source. Meaning you can buy any scanner that outputs open (unencrypted) stl files. You can also easily customize exocad software to your liking after
you become more familiar with the system.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
This new Light model may be the ticket, unless you need the extra21mm for lg artic. 47 seconds vs 35. Friend bought the blue last year and his learning curve was nill after training. It's got me thinking.....
image.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
So then you have experience with both Exocad and 3shape. If you were starting out to make your first purchase { such as me } which direction would you head in ? Thanks. The new line of 3shape will not be laser if that makes a difference.
Yes I do. That's a tough one. I prefer the tooth libraries and surface manipulation options in 3shape.

I have not had a chance to try any exocad systems other than a basic demo over the past year. I think if a vendor has a nice custom tooth library with improved tooth manipulation set up, then it may be a big difference. I do like how 3shape cleans things up a bit. I did a bite scan for antagonist the other day. Selected the area to keep and it did a perfect job of cutting all the unwanted area away. I did not have that experience with exocad... A year ago anyway. I'll have to get back to you with more info. Heading off to a hike;)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yes I do. That's a tough one. I prefer the tooth libraries and surface manipulation options in 3shape.

I have not had a chance to try any exocad systems other than a basic demo over the past year. I think if a vendor has a nice custom tooth library with improved tooth manipulation set up, then it may be a big difference. I do like how 3shape cleans things up a bit. I did a bite scan for antagonist the other day. Selected the area to keep and it did a perfect job of cutting all the unwanted area away. I did not have that experience with exocad... A year ago anyway. I'll have to get back to you with more info. Heading off to a hike;)

It is possible to customize the way the tooth libraries behave in exocad. I am working on a project to do that now. Just need some spare time. LOL

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
This new Light model may be the ticket, unless you need the extra21mm for lg artic. 47 seconds vs 35. Friend bought the blue last year and his learning curve was nill after training. It's got me thinking.....
View attachment 17737
What's the difference in cost between the Light and the regular?

Top Bottom