Cerec SCAN to 3Shape

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Guys!

I would like to ask your help about the following.

I have a CEREC file (actually the extension is RSTIMG) i would like to put it to my 3Shape Dental Designer. I would some topic about how can we import Cerec files to 3Shape but nothing is working for me.

I tried Dental Sharper,Delcam...but nothing.... it would be awesome if somebody can help me....(if there is anybody who can give me a correct method i will give him some anatomical forms in STL)

So what i want is: The dentist make the scanning in CEREC he can export it then a want to import the file to my 3Shape make the design convert back to CEREC.

Please PM me if you have any idea.

Thank you

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hi Stumpf,
the Methode you want will only work in the new Inlab 15 Software. You Take the Cerec scanfiles out of the Inlab SW ( via connect ) and do the construction in 3shape than you Import the files into the new cam 15 SW, here you can import stl files for grinding and milling. You need a mcxl for milling/ grinding out of the camSW.
This Workaround will do

Ahmad Al B

Ahmad Al B

Reaction score
the RSTIMG is a cerec file with images which can only be opened by a cerec connect software. would you like to send me the file and ill try to process it on my cerec connect and convert it to stl for you if possible.
haven't tried that extension yet but ill give it a shot.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Thanks Ahmad please send me your email and I'll sending you the Dropbox link

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
If you want to do it yourself, legitimately you need to purchase a license to export a scan or a license to export a restoration. I think its $1,700 to start $1,700 per year per licence...or something around that.

Other than that send it to a lab that already has that licence.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
As I heard you have to pay both sides(you have to pay for 3Shape as well).... :(

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Ahmad told me what I have as an OMNICAM rstimg file ...do you know somebody who can help me out?

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
As I heard you have to pay both sides(you have to pay for 3Shape as well).... :(

On the Sirona side you dont need to have both licenses, you just need to pick one. You can do both but I dont see the need for that unless you dont have a Sirona milling machine.

As for 3Shape, yes you need a module on your dongle that you need to purchase. However there is a way around needing the model builder module that I've heard about but I never tried it...well there was this one time I got a scan from iTero and I was able to accept the scan and make a restoration out of it.

Top Bottom