CERAMPRESS QEX for sale

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
Ceram press Qex for sale. In very good condition. Cleaned regularly. Used it for 2.5 years.

In the beginning, I didnt have the money or the volume to buy the zubler or the EP5000 for pressing emax.

I started out with this oven and slowly turned pfms to emax.
Yes you do get some reaction layers and yes you get misspress once in awhile but once you have the correct parameters dialed in, (I have all the parameters for LT, HT, MO) it does its job

I have EP5000 now so I dont use this furnace anymore.
Great for labs starting to press emax that dont have the volume yet.

asking 3000 with pump + UPS Shipping

call Peter 201-342-9505

*I Entered the wrong number contact info updated

IMG_7498.jpg IMG_7502.jpg IMG_7505.jpg IMG_7503.jpg
IMG_7503.jpg IMG_7505.jpg IMG_7502.jpg IMG_7498.jpg

Last edited:
D

Daniela

Reaction score
I have this oven and I am still working on the parameters. Would you be so kind to PM me yours?

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
This press is a piece of crap. I would not sell this to anyone.

We used for pressing at one time and I will forever curse this worthless piece of junk. It's now a pfm glaze oven.

I feel sorry everyone else out there that got sold on this by their Dentsply rep. This should not be sold as a e.max press oven!

Sorry to hijack your sale thread, but like you stated this oven is totally unpredictable and unreliable for pressing e.max. I can't stand the thought of others having to go through the same headaches as me...and you.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I don't agree with Alistar. I have had great success pressing e.max, empress , and cerpress with this furnace for years. Once you get your times and temps dialed in it works out fine.

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
Thank you RDA

I have 2 of them and it worked fine for me also

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
My times and temps may vary from yours, slightly, due to investment (we use Galaxy 2),plunger type used (ceramic vs. disposable, we use ceramic) and altitude( ours is 4600ft.)
Burnout final temp: 1562F
For e.max: T1 - 1200F (649C),R - 108F (60C),T2 - 1755 (957C),H1 17:00min., H2 3:00min., Vac. 101%. This is for 100 gram e.max rings with the small ingots. I haven't had the need to press the larger ingots or rings.
On heavier crowns or three unit bridges I up the final temp by 5 degrees. I hope this is a good starting point for you.

D

Daniela

Reaction score
My times and temps may vary from yours, slightly, due to investment (we use Galaxy 2),plunger type used (ceramic vs. disposable, we use ceramic) and altitude( ours is 4600ft.)
Burnout final temp: 1562F
For e.max: T1 - 1200F (649C),R - 108F (60C),T2 - 1755 (957C),H1 17:00min., H2 3:00min., Vac. 101%. This is for 100 gram e.max rings with the small ingots. I haven't had the need to press the larger ingots or rings.

On heavier crowns or three unit bridges I up the final temp by 5 degrees. I hope this is a good starting point for you.
Thank you.
I press 100 g rings at T2 - 940C, H1 - 17 and H2 - 8. I don't miss-press, but I sure like to reduce the reaction layer.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you.
I press 100 g rings at T2 - 940C, H1 - 17 and H2 - 8. I don't miss-press, but I sure like to reduce the reaction layer.

Have you tried an "H2" at 5:30 min? I used to press in the older Ney oven with that time. Try backing off :30 at a time till you get your results.

D

Daniela

Reaction score
Have you tried an "H2" at 5:30 min? I used to press in the older Ney oven with that time. Try backing off :30 at a time till you get your results.

I am going to try it with next ring. Beedblasting and soaking in Invex liquid is time consuming .

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I agree with ps2thtec, slowly back off on your H2 press time. I'm at 3:00 minutes right now, the longer you hold it at pressing temp. you risk more reaction layer.

N

nickate

Reaction score
Is this press still available for sale? Thanks.

Top Bottom