Casting well ideas

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I am finally getting around to setting up a casting machine in the lab. Currently I use the one from my previous job, dont ask. Is there a reasonable priced well that someone makes or am I better of making something from scrap metal or even masonry? If you have thoughts or even some pics of something you built share them with me.

Thanks

Travis

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Jay has a pretty nice setup.

Do you think there is a well in there?
well.JPG

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
well yeah, their is one to the left of the porcelain oven. I must say, what a beautiful lab, very clean and love the floors. Thanks for pic.

Travis, the throwing arm can be purchased, but i'm not sure if you can purchase the well....if so, where? A curious mind wants to know....lol

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The integral looks nice, I noticed Zahn offers one in their current catalog (no pic though),just thought I'd let ya know, I went looking too.

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
Most companies that make broken arm casting machines also sell the wells: Kerr, Handler, Buffalo. Kerr is the main one that we sell as it's made nicely and not too expensive right around $120 for the Kerr well.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
what we and other labs arround here use is the old style round washing machine well
it works real good and the size is perfect,,you can install that on a cabinet also.
you can find them free at any washing machine shop or fleamarket

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input everyone

Nowak, do you have a online catolog/wesbite?

D

Donas30

Reaction score
lab equipment

Hello,

maybe you can help me.

What best dental lab equipment companies do you know?
Who are the best in this area?
Who produce the best catsing machines?

Thanks,
Donatas