Case Help needed badly ;)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'll never complain about the cases I get again, because I've never received any close to those!!

user name

user name

Reaction score
I cant comment without using profanity. That Doc should bee in jail.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Reminds me of that movie with the chick who had a semi automatic for a leg....Grindhouse or something ...

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Here is a case that an OS sent due to bad placement of the implant, bad day at the office. Not only was it angled out buccally, it was too deep. I was asked to try and save this. To get the length I needed, a Titanium bar post was purchased for a Nobel implant from Titan. I placed it on a surveyor / mill. Then milled the platform to paralell it up with the plane of occlusion. Then prepped both platforms to laser weld them together. Once the laser weld was completed, the screw access hole was milled in, and the abutment was prepped and polished.
IMG_4487 copy.jpg IMG_4504 copy.jpg IMG_4506 copy.jpg IMG_4507 copy.jpg IMG_4508 copy.jpg IMG_4511 copy.jpg IMG_4530 copy.jpg IMG_4531 copy.jpg IMG_4535 copy.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Here is a case that an OS sent due to bad placement of the implant, bad day at the office. Not only was it angled out buccally, it was too deep. I was asked to try and save this. To get the length I needed, a Titanium bar post was purchased for a Nobel implant from Titan. I placed it on a surveyor / mill. Then milled the platform to paralell it up with the plane of occlusion. Then prepped both platforms to laser weld them together. Once the laser weld was completed, the screw access hole was milled in, and the abutment was prepped and polished.

Interesting way to do this Danny, why not a ucla and just cast it the way you machined it?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
The OS and restoring doctor wanted Titanium due to it being 12mm subgingival.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Nice catch Danny - not a lot of labs would have the skills to do that.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
droberts,,,Nicely done, I'll have to put that one in the toolbox.... Thanks for sharing.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Awesome! I missed the whole milling thing. The Lab I started at had this beautiful milling machine but alas, the only person who knew how to use it was a former Co owner who unfortunately passed away about six months before I started. It sat collecting dust. The last remaining owner would shoo me away every time he caught me gazing at it....

G

Goldfish

Reaction score
We got a case like that at a lab I worked at many years ago. The doc was a bit odd and very often showed up with his mom in tow. Or he would show up in these ridiculous square dancing outfits...but I digress. He took one implant seminar, figured he was a pro, and sent us his first case replacing a bicuspid. The implant was was aimed straight out toward the patient's cheek, pretty much at a ninety degree angle to the rest of the teeth. The lab refused it.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
The only way to approach this case is to use the Andrews Bar restorative system. Google it. Essentially you cast up the abutments to recieve a bar that upon the overdenture sleeve sliding over the bar the forces are born by tissue and bone....not the implants. It completely transfers the load off the implants and onto the tissue.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The only way to approach this case is to use the Andrews Bar restorative system.

It doesn't look any different than a fancy bar with a hader clip, what am I missing?

In addition, in your experience James, how do these hold up clinically? I only ask because most folks forget that there had to be some reason for them to be missing in the first place, and a lot of times it's occlusion related. Sure, you may have your occasional trauma, but the cases I restore are mainly occlusion related (severe bruxism, untreated tmd, parafunction, etc..) so I've always wondered if natural teeth couldn't withstand these forces how can we expect some acrylic and resin? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but it's some thoughts that popped into my head...scary place!!! HA!!!

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
It doesn't look any different than a fancy bar with a hader clip, what am I missing?

In addition, in your experience James, how do these hold up clinically? I only ask because most folks forget that there had to be some reason for them to be missing in the first place, and a lot of times it's occlusion related. Sure, you may have your occasional trauma, but the cases I restore are mainly occlusion related (severe bruxism, untreated tmd, parafunction, etc..) so I've always wondered if natural teeth couldn't withstand these forces how can we expect some acrylic and resin? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but it's some thoughts that popped into my head...scary place!!! HA!!!

You're shootin top corner Rob. That system is very function driven with caution. However, that crazy implant case is the only option I see since there would be the ability to transfer load and forces.

Top Bottom