Carestream

G

grantoz

Reaction score
From what i see of the new carestream cs 3600, its pretty good and works well with exocad etc.I dont understand why i dont see more of these scanners in my clients surgery's they are a lot cheaper and dont cost anything in update fees what are DLN 'ers views and experiences of this intra oral scanner.?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We got an account with this IOS, I'm quite pleased with the quality of scans we're getting. Not sure why is not widespread yet, doesn't get enough advertisement like other brands ? Dunno...

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
here in Canada Carestream wants around $50 000 for the scanner when you can get a Trios for much less

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
So far the carestream portal wont allow transfer of color like the trios will, just one limiting factor. One of our docs has the older version of the carestream, I believe he paid around $30k

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
I've used it and I loved it. I think the sticker shock of the large investment keeps many away. If that goes down I think you'll see a higher adoption.

Might give a slight edge to Trios technically, but the 3600 is100% open so it depends what you value more.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
Today I tried to scan full arc with abutments with my new CS3500 carestream
It was awful! It took me one hour to scan both arcs and then the software from CS told me it is unable to refine surfaces!!!
Very disappointed !!! Very slow!

I wish I bought 3Shape.

A

adl

Reaction score
Today I tried to scan full arc with abutments with my new CS3500 carestream
It was awful! It took me one hour to scan both arcs and then the software from CS told me it is unable to refine surfaces!!!
Very disappointed !!! Very slow!

I wish I bought 3Shape.
Can you send it back?

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
We had a client that was shopping for an IOS and they settled on the Trios. They certainly were happy with the price point of the carestream scanner but I think it came down to how intuitive the 3Shape environment is and how well the sales rep handled the interaction. The carestream rep took several calls and emails to get back to on for setting up the system and answering questions. Our lab already working with other doctors using Trios, being able to speak with them, was another factor. I'm am far more likely to purchase something that is being used by a friend with obvious success and reliability over something that might be as good or better but is still a seemingly unknown.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I think the cs3500 is not really suitable for full arch but the cs3600 is very nice i have a couple of clients purchase them since i posted this thread i think you can probably organise an update to the cs3600 pretty easily if you have a cs 3500 this is what my clients tell me.I think buying the old model of anything can be risky when the latest model is already available i would imagine you would have got the 3500 for a low price its classic you get what you pay for.Even now really only the latest model trios in my opinion is ready for full arch abutment cases and that would be in experienced hands.I would not let my new techs try and scan a full arch in the lab off a model because of the errors you can do.What i see with ios dentistry is that think you cant make mistakes this is not true and why you should not let you nurse do the scan.

Podkev

Podkev

Reaction score
Hi, and what was the result, grantoz? How is situation today? Anybody uses IOS to scan tech models? Which models?

Top Bottom