CAD archiving time

J

Jorge

Reaction score
How long do yo keep the project files and the final STL file?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have about 4 1/2 years worth on my server backed up. Occasionally the patient needs a new one and I just remill it unless something has changed. Then a new IO scan.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we dump the files after 6 months... I think its enough time for fractures... and, most dr's will clean up the prep, the margin changes after minor prep. I tend to hold on to the long span implant supported though... but not for any reason

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
We have years of files backed up. It better to have them then to not.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Andy I haven't forgotten about you man I'll give you a ring this week we are rocking and rolling now.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Forever...put on a external hard drive once a year. It's came in handy on a couple of occasions.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
We back up to an external drive once every two months....

J

Jorge

Reaction score
I mean the scans and auxiliary files of each project, as I copy all Exocad data folder daily to the backup computer I need twice the size.
I only copy last day new or modified files using robocopy trough the network at user logon, but the progam has to compare all the files date etc. and it is slow.

As final STL files are small there is no problem archiving them ( also archived in gmail servers because no personal data)

Top Bottom