Buying porcelain kit for the first time. Need some direction?!

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Just to clarify. Are you stacking the emax ceram ontop of a zirconia substructures? This is news to me. Remember that I have been in kind of a 5 year bubble.

Yes with the zir-liner first. Look at the ivoclar website for pdf of instructions on e-max on zir.

L

louissmith009

Reaction score
I think that Ill get a trail kit of Inline and one of GC. Thank you for the advise.

One more question? Can I stack emax porcelain onto a zirconia coping? That way I can have just the two porcelain kits. One for PFMs and one for emax layered and zirconia copings?

Yes, E.max porcelain crowns are considered to be a perfect match against the backdrop of your natural teeth. The transparent color, lifelike shape, along with its light reflection properties create the ideal restoration – look natural!

Try metal framework on e.max porcelain crowns which means there is never a chance of a grey line of metal showing through your gums. They are strong, long lasting and unlikely to crack or fracture as compared to many other types of crowns. They are considered to be at less risk of chipping compared to zirconia porcelain crowns. But, the beauty of this technology is that e.max is not limited only to porcelain crowns.

C

chickenlicken

Reaction score
Hi all, I went to a willi geller course in London for a couple of days. He uses no liner on his ceramic, but rather a high fluoro stain to stain the white coping to the desired shade. I have tried that using Vita interno stains and then leaving out liner, and layering Vita VM9 directly on top, initially a thin wash layer, then full crown build up. I've had no problems using this technique with no delamination or fractures. I personally would give this a try with emax and see if a similar result could be obtained.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hi all, I went to a willi geller course in London for a couple of days. He uses no liner on his ceramic, but rather a high fluoro stain to stain the white coping to the desired shade. I have tried that using Vita interno stains and then leaving out liner, and layering Vita VM9 directly on top, initially a thin wash layer, then full crown build up. I've had no problems using this technique with no delamination or fractures. I personally would give this a try with emax and see if a similar result could be obtained.
White coping ? do you mean non-colored zir ?
How did you like Creation on zirconia ? I use VM9 and ready to change..Also using GC on zir, getting better classical shades.
Mostly use vm9 on 3d ..

C

chickenlicken

Reaction score
Creation have 2 zirconia porcelains. One is feldspathic and the other is synthetic. I personally didn't notice much difference between them. I probably preferred the look of the feldspathic, but that's very subjective.
Creation is a fantastic porcelain system, however it takes a lot of work to get a great result. It's not the type of porcelain that you can just pick up and get good results straight away. Often due to the high chroma in the ceramic, they tend to come out dense. Therefore it needs ht (neck transl),clear, Incisal, or other translucent powders layered over the whole crown. Then the results are amazing. Ivoclar tend to get really nice results in a much easier way of building u p.
I use VM9 currently and have had no issues with it. I use the internal stains to stain the white non coloured zirconia to the correct base shade. After firing, i do a quick thin base dentinge wash fired over the coping, fire that and then straight to full buildup. I get some really nice results using this technique without the liner material. I have not had any fractures between the coping and veneering porcelain.
I do a lot of shade takes and have found a 50/50 mix of ee1 and enl Incisal matches most of the enamel of light teeth - a1,a2,b1,b2 etc.

Top Bottom