Buying a Haas Office Mill

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
ooh... would've been such a nice alternative option to B&D... too bad it can't be used as is

C

[email protected]

Reaction score
Haas mill

Little late to the topic but wanted to know more about your decision with the Haas (OM1-a). I have been on the sideline regarding this mill mostly b/c of converting it to our industry needs. Any info would be helpful.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Anyone had one of these?

I know Glidewell and Laboratory Solutions have one.

I just spent the weekend with Glidewell. They even have a robot that operates the mills, including opening and closing the doors.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00455_20120127_1311.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00457_20120127_1311.jpg
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00455_20120127_1311.jpg ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00457_20120127_1311.jpg

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
could be a great jewelry mill. Just need some creative hacking.

I think CIMSystem is working on something to oopen the Sirona mill?

But, I remember Luigi saying it is not like any other mill. (language used to x-fer files.)

What kind of printer/mill would you suggest for a 9-10 year old whos getting into the 3D computer design (Lego Digital designer, Blender and so forth.)
He would want to print out Lego type stuff and toy cars, that kind of thing.
I told my son that any time he wanted to go into the garage and start building stuff i would finance it (within reason!:) Homemade printer would be cool too.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Little late to the topic but wanted to know more about your decision with the Haas (OM1-a). I have been on the sideline regarding this mill mostly b/c of converting it to our industry needs. Any info would be helpful.

I do not know enough to add a 4th/5th axis, and tool offset sensor, and on and on. Haas delivers the OM with the extra rotary tables in a box for customer to have fun with. My Loacal Haas dealer doesn't seem to like many/any questions. I did not feel comfortable as a new customer. I walked away.

I guess Glidewell hired someone to dress-up the Haas.

I see Super-Mini mills. Cool!

I was looking at Robots all weekend on eBay.

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
T Tool also has the ISO 20 taper stuff....made in Germany, so you know it's good!

T-Tool USA - Catalog

DLN Managment,
Shame on you for allowing this offensive post to have been on your site since August 2011. I have been enjoying DLN for about a year and am terribly disappointment in the judgment of the DLN editors and or staff.
Scott, this is offensive, and unacceptable. Shame on you for posting this.
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm,

what did I miss?

Sounds interesting.

OK, I will accept your shame and wear it on my head today.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, you mean this.....
Buying a Haas Office Mill - Dental Lab Network

LOL. That was funny. I love Vince Offer! Classic to make fun of him.

You seen the Slap-Chop with Vince slapping his nuts on TV?

Buying a Haas Office Mill - Dental Lab Network

Have you seen this?

[YOUTUBE]Z3ezOc9rYiU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-BmNOq1KQms[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Bob, I actually called Vince Offer in Florida years ago to do an ad for my lab, after he got out of jail.

I use to post about this guy all the time....before you were here.

Sorry if the Nazi symbol offends you. Get a thicker skin. LOL

I believe Vince is actually Jewish, and I have nothing against any religion or race.

You won't catch me joining any bashing of a culture or race, or ??

If you can't laugh at my posts, then just put me onto your ignore list.

No problem. Not everyone can take a joke. It's the Internet after all ya know and I'll admit I'm not a perfect person. Just take the good and ignore the bad. Can you do that?

Shalom!

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Today, I bought a new Haas OM2-a with Haas TR-110 4th/5th axis table...also Reinshaw Wireless probing tool (in tool magazine) and Reinshaw tool setting probe that stays on the milling table.

It will be built for me soon. Can't wait!! Born in California soon.

I drove to local Haas Dealer and placed my order and paid with my oldest son. (Five hours away from my lab)

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
Today, I bought a new Haas OM2-a with Haas TR-110 4th/5th axis table...also Reinshaw Wireless probing tool (in tool magazine) and Reinshaw tool setting probe that stays on the milling table.

It will be built for me soon. Can't wait!! Born in California soon.

I drove to local Haas Dealer and placed my order and paid with my oldest son. (Five hours away from my lab)

Congratulations! Should we be buying blue or pink.....what will the name be?
IV

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Scott, what are you going to use it for? Zr, Ti or ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Making Bongs and Pipes. Kids are paying a fortune for a Nickle's worth of Ti and Zr to smoke with. :canabis: (Just kidding, but not really)
My son and I smell Money, and other things. Maybe we make some teeth out of something? I think we are making plans for multiple mills like this. Maybe we begin to sell them with SUM3d?

It does have a 3.7kw (5 HP) Spindle, so I guess we could mill about anything? No?

12,000mm/min working feedrate! FAST! Under 2 seconds for tool change.

We are going to use Swiss made Rego-fix ISO-20 tooling for the Uber-Concentricity we need for milling metals.

swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
Maybe we begin to sell them with SUM3d?
We are going to use Swiss made Rego-fix ISO-20 tooling for the Uber-Concentricity we need for milling metals.[/QUOTE]

Now you're talking, keep it coming!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Congrats Scott !

Waiting for the machine , not cool at all ! I have been waiting for mine for a month now and... I can't wait !!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Glidewell Labs Chooses Haas CNC Tools for Cermaic Machining | Haas

I got in my Reinshaw touch probe adapter for the ISO 20 taper tool holding system (custom made for me). Also got in my first batch of premium tool holders and collets and collet-nuts.
Expecting many tools soon, and still working on fixture solution(s). No date yet from Haas for the final delivery to me.

Below is 4-axis set-up. Kinda a waste of spindle Horse-Power to only be cutting Zirconia dust IMO.? It's a Five Horse-Power Wet-mill. Why go back dry and cut dust?

aatyourservice.haascnc.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_06_v12_i40_Dental_Ceramics_2.jpg
aatyourservice.haascnc.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_06_v12_i40_Dental_Ceramics_2.jpg

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I 'm late to the party I'm this one but so much info. Sweet machine Scott.

O

OTNIELL

Reaction score
I am thinking to buy an Haas OM2. Can you tell me if you can mill e.max with it?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You would need to add specific Reinshaw probe to check diamond tool's diameter to compensate for wear on your tools as they get smaller.

That's about the only thing I skipped on. I only bought a simple Z-offset sensor to compensate only the tool lenght and not the diameter with a laser.

Why do you want to mill eMax? It is not profitable. I can tell you that right now.

Top Bottom