Bubbles in e.max

E

ejdent

Reaction score
I am using all parameters set by ivoclar. I posted a few weeks ago asking for help with some over pressing issues and I have utilized the advice on here to fix the problem.

All firing parameters for my ep500 including the investment are followed to the t
Using micro star investment
Invex liquid for ~20 minutes

I am getting bubbles like crazy. I am pressing lt ingots and using the ceram from ivoclar. All my materials and equipment are brand new except the ep500 but has been calibrated properly

Any input will be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
ejdent: I also use the EP500 and have maintained them for years. Possibly a vacuum issue? There are many seals in the unit and if they leak even a little, you might get bubbles. Are they in the pressing only, the ceram or both? When do they show up? PM me for a phone # if I can help, I know how frustrating this can be.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I am using all parameters set by ivoclar. I posted a few weeks ago asking for help with some over pressing issues and I have utilized the advice on here to fix the problem.

All firing parameters for my ep500 including the investment are followed to the t
Using micro star investment
Invex liquid for ~20 minutes

I am getting bubbles like crazy. I am pressing lt ingots and using the ceram from ivoclar. All my materials and equipment are brand new except the ep500 but has been calibrated properly

Any input will be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You're getting these bubbles when you pour up the rings. How many rings do you pour up at one time? Are you vibrating them gently? Are you using something small (NOT A BRUSH!!) to flow the investment on the inside of the crowns before you pour them up? Are you using de-bubblizer? Are you pouring the investment in slowly or quickly in the ring? There are tons of variables out there because of human interaction and it varies from pour to pour. There has to be a system of steps you take every time! Call Jensen and ask for Terry. He can help you big time!

Contact Jensen Dental

He can help and explain what to do correctly.

E

ejdent

Reaction score
I should have clarified. The bubbles are in the ceram. The pressing is near perfect every time

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I should have clarified. The bubbles are in the ceram. The pressing is near perfect every time

If you have bubbles in the ceram, then you have bubbles in investment. Trust me! Just call Terry, he can help you tons!!!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Try increasing your high temp for the dentin bake 5-10 degrees C.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Bubbles have nothing to do with the temps. He said he was going by the directions, so there's no problem there. I'm telling you, it's the investment!!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
We press 20 plus rings a day, and I've run into this problem he's having. It's all about the investment.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Ditto TheLabGuy, photos please. A picture is worth a thousand posts.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Probably contamination from the reaction layer not being removed well enough.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Try increasing your high temp for the dentin bake 5-10 degrees C.

agree with you. I had the same problem and the low temp was the problem. Emax ceram is very sensitive to temp changes. Even 2 ¤C can affect the bake.

E

ejdent

Reaction score
I will take pictures the next time I press am e.max. I spoke with ivoclar earlier and will also contact jensen in a few. Thanks for the input

H

Harmony

Reaction score
Okay here is the solution!

I have been using the system for almost 10 years now, and one thing i have realized is ------ BACK TO BASICS! About a year ago i started having the same issue, it has nothing to do with temperatures, vacuum etc. It is the wax. When u invest the wax act hydrophobic. This means the investment actually pulls away from the marginal areas creating air voids causing bubbles. The most simplest way to avoid this is to use ordinary crowax (renfert red/green) or special marginal wax. Forget what everybody tells you about carbon residue blah blah, as long as you do not create your entire wax pattern from this wax it will be fine. Do a thick cervical build up with this wax so that when the margins are carved clean only this wax shows.
Problem solved

H

Harmony

Reaction score
oh and by the way if the bubbles are not in the marginal area---- your thermal couple (not sure of the spelling) is about to go-----thin over priced little wire

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
dude screaming about investment needs to re read posts.. dude talking wax reaction.. needs to change his wax..and read the thread... margin wax is simply more stable from my understanding..??

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
We're all the blind men with the elephant here. Too little actual information. Any one could be right, but as we all know troubleshooting is a process. Maybe it's the lube, the wax, the vacuum mixer, the vibration during investment, the method of investing, the press, the vacuum on the press, the reaction layer, etc. What I really appreciate about this sight is the sheer volume of information. If nothing else it reminds me how complex the process can be.