Best Way To Increase Sales?

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a question. I have a dental lab client ( I provide marketing services) and the lab's sales are slow. What do you think is the best way to increase sales: a website, door to door sales or a sales letter?

None or all could increase your clients' sales...your marketing message fitting the lab is more important

Like any good marketing it takes a focused message that highlights your clients unique skils or value.
Then you need to figure out what type of clients/dentists the lab already has as an 'ideal' or majority of and go after ones that are similar through any and all channels....you might get a couple hits then

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
If you're trying to grow a single unit posterior business you are going to find it very difficult. Both in competing and growth. This product is under heavy pricing pressure as it's really difficult to obtain new business based on this product. Yes, this represents about 80% of all cases but one needs a different way or product to get in the door.
You need to diversify the product line. Labs of the future will need to be adept with comprehensive cases such as implants and esthetic dentistry are areas where one can differentiate. Offer surgical guides for guided implant placement. Develop workflows for difficult cases, both clinical and lab that insure great results. Unless you have the knowledge this will not be achievable overnight. If this is the case get the education. Being one of the best, knowing how to manage cases makes sales much easier.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
If you're trying to grow a single unit posterior business you are going to find it very difficult. Both in competing and growth. This product is under heavy pricing pressure as it's really difficult to obtain new business based on this product. Yes, this represents about 80% of all cases but one needs a different way or product to get in the door.
You need to diversify the product line. Labs of the future will need to be adept with comprehensive cases such as implants and esthetic dentistry are areas where one can differentiate. Offer surgical guides for guided implant placement. Develop workflows for difficult cases, both clinical and lab that insure great results. Unless you have the knowledge this will not be achievable overnight. If this is the case get the education. Being one of the best, knowing how to manage cases makes sales much easier.
DITTO X 100 !!!!!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Thanks Al. It means a lot coming form you.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Sorry Rob,
Not sure I know you as well as AL. BTW, I love Canada.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
images

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Being one of the best, knowing how to manage cases makes sales much easier.
This is very very true... but building a reputation for being good is (or can be) very time consuming, some labs take years to achieve it. Many operators are as much aware of the bad labs as they are the good ones... and shaking the tag of being a bad lab is a difficult thing ( here in a small Australian city anyway!) I honestly believe the works speaks for itself - there is no hiding crap! You can cover a poo in glitter, but it is still a poo! It is a competitive market, and clients are under no obligation to be loyal if another product is better or cheaper... so be one of these things - better or cheaper!
I was helping a lab owner develop a new price list and gather a few more clients a little while ago - I suggested offering a discount on their first months bill, and thereafter offering a progressive discount if they reached certain monthly totals. This was carefully worked out so that the lab could still make money etc... just an idea

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
- I suggested offering a discount on their first months bill, and thereafter offering a progressive discount if they reached certain monthly totals. This was carefully worked out so that the lab could still make money etc... just an idea
Just out of curiosity, how did this work out? How did you approach leads with the promotion? How many docs took the deal? About what percent stayed on after the first month.
Honestly I think the idea is pretty good. I would rather go in providing a service not offered by others, surgical guides or full arch screw retained zirconia as compared to discounts but I do see this as viable. Did you have docs wanting to maintain the month one discounts? If so how did you manage this?

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Sorry Bob... I can't truly comment on the success, I ended up leaving before it was all implemented (I got an offer I couldn't refuse). However, having spoken to one of my former colleagues - she has said that they are much busier and have taken on a couple of new technicians... I am not sure if this is from new clients or an increase in work from existing clients.
The whole thing was to be packaged in a nice professionally printed folder, with a cover letter outlining the products and services that the lab offered. It also included a price list of all the products available, as well as further information on the specific items(like splints, denture options, implants etc...) the idea was to cold call a few dentists each week, with the hope of one or two each week giving the lab a job or two. And as I said before, hopefully the work speaks for itself, and they like what they get.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how did this work out? How did you approach leads with the promotion? How many docs took the deal? About what percent stayed on after the first month.
Honestly I think the idea is pretty good. I would rather go in providing a service not offered by others, surgical guides or full arch screw retained zirconia as compared to discounts but I do see this as viable. Did you have docs wanting to maintain the month one discounts? If so how did you manage this?

I would agree with Bob that its usually easier to get into a new Dr's office by being able to offer a new product or service they currently don't have. You are on the right track with your idea of, "once they see the work is not poop they can open up to other possibilities."

If they are happy with their current lab all the discounts in the world still won't get them to change, in my experience as a sales/marketing guy for the lab. Plus I think pushing any kind of heavy discounts can "de-value" your lab's image, but if managed correctly can be worth it. If they are bargain hunters they will find the next lab with an even better discount next week, or use your price to renegotiate their old lab's price.

If you don't mind sharing I'm curious to hear...where did you end up with the "offer you couldn't refuse"?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Sorry Rob,
Not sure I know you as well as AL. BTW, I love Canada.

I love Canada too, low drinking age, good skiing and beaver tails may be one of the best desserts I have ever experienced.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try eating it with skates on.:D

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
No problem krashd133....
Simply got an offer from another lab owner, with a lot more possibilities and future opportunities... and much better pay conditions

Top Bottom