Best investment for Emax

A

AL1

Reaction score
Which investment seems to yield the least amount of reaction layer?

doug

doug

Reaction score
We use Microstar HS and get very good results. Time and temp play an important part of making sure you don't get too much.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have gone back to Ivoclars investment and have never been happier with the reaction layer we are getting. Sometimes trying to save a few bucks cost you elsewhere.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Microstar caused the biggest reaction layer in my lab. I also went back to Ivoclar press vest.

T

tonester

Reaction score
We used to have issues until we switched to Ivoclar SpeedVest. Solved our problems and cleaner margins too.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I too have switched to speedvest. Less reaction layer and it gets my whites whiter !

A

AshBroughton

Reaction score
I have found that no matter what I do with my ivoclar investment it doesnt turn on me and turning o into O. great investment hardly a reaction layer, my burnout oven is a bitch too sometimes going as high as 900 C very fast and still no cracks touch wood.

T

Tooth Geek

Reaction score
Yeah props to speedvest here too...consistent, no stress. Definity more expensive but we're able to factor that into our price. We usually maxout the number of crowns within the ring anyway, so is still cost/time efficient either way ya flip it.

A

AL1

Reaction score
For those using microstar, what is your time and oven temp? I am pressing with an Ivoclar ep600 and a program down loaded by my rep. for emax.
Sometimes I get hardly any reaction layer and sometimes its seems a little to much.
Could it be my burn out time?
Usually I burn out for an hour at 1562. 200 gram ring.
I also heard that Talladium has an investment that causes little reaction layer.
I may try the Ivoclar speedvest.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Ivoclar SpeedVest here, works like a charm.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Talladium's Galaxy 2.......minimal reaction layer. Use it for alloys also..

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have some samples of galaxy 2, I will try them.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
siladent premium,
it's the best investment i worked with.
for metal and emax.
minimal layer and so easily divested.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Al I believe the reaction layer forms at the pressing high temp. as it approaches the melting temp of the materials in the investment. We pressed a lot of rings at the lab I was at and they used microstar. The only difference is the burnout is supposed to be at 1600F, I was told that in order to strengthen and set the ring it must be at that temp. If you are casting gold they asked you started at 1600f and then put into a 1250F oven 10 mins. prior to casting. My two cents.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Here some nice promotion from Ivoclar --- FREE PressVest or Speed investment

Purchase any (6) tubes of ingots and receive (1) box and (1) bottle of IPS PressVEST or IPS PressVEST Speed.* This promotion is valued at over $175.

Offer valid April 1-April 30, 2011.

Please note that free goods will not appear in your shopping cart at time of checkout. You will, however, find it when reviewing your order confirmation or invoice history.

The PressVEST liquid comes in a 500ml bottle and the PressVEST powder includes 50, 100g pouches.

Offer valid April 1-April 30, 2011 and CAN be combined with your earned Volume Discount.

*Limit quantity 5 for free promotional investment. Please enter ‘PressVEST' or 'PressVEST Speed' in the comments section of the checkout page to take advantage of this special offer.

wtruong

wtruong

Reaction score
I am not a fan of a brand name machine. But, Ivoclars investment seems to be the correct answer.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Been using PCI Plus, Pentron Ceramics, Zahn. It's been flawless, creamy smooth and no bubbles. Just tried Ivo's Speed press through their promo. Has long mix time and pours alot thicker than PCI. Results are ok. Thought the react layer was thick .

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
I have tried heaps of investments. For me the best by far is PressVest Speed

Top Bottom