Best investment for Emax

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yep , just so you know, the cooler the liquid/water, the more expansion with speedvest.

When i stopped cooling for a bit, i started getting tight fits. Back in the cooler, back to "my" normal again.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
After using Microstars HS for over 1.5 years for emax, I switched back to Ivoclar's Speed Press again... Slightly tigher fits which I couldn't seem to get with HS once the warmer weather got here. . Even backed off 2 cc special liquid with no change in fits :confused: (WAS USING 15 CC SPECIAL LIQ FOR 100 GRAM. I now hate having instant setting with Speedpress..... But having very good results. I'm now mixing for 2 minutes, 10 seconds and barely have enough time to get the investment in the ring.. Had to hammer in my first batch, but got REAL LUCKY.... Mixed the full 2 min. 30 sec. I couldn't mix 2 packs for 2 rings at the same time if my life depended on it :mad:

Anyone mixing SpeedPress with shorter times than 2 min 10 sec. ? AND HAVING BUBBLE FREE SMOOTH PRESSING CONSISTENTLY?

Charles

The thickness is what I didn't like about speed press. And fitting. Doesn't,t anybody else use PCI Plus from Pentron. The cleanest presses by far, usually drop right on, no nodules. And 80$ less. I use 2cc less liq per instructions for a tighter fit to my liking.This stuff is AMAZZZING!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
After using Microstars HS for over 1.5 years for emax, I switched back to Ivoclar's Speed Press again... Slightly tigher fits which I couldn't seem to get with HS once the warmer weather got here. . Even backed off 2 cc special liquid with no change in fits :confused: (WAS USING 15 CC SPECIAL LIQ FOR 100 GRAM. I now hate having instant setting with Speedpress..... But having very good results. I'm now mixing for 2 minutes, 10 seconds and barely have enough time to get the investment in the ring.. Had to hammer in my first batch, but got REAL LUCKY.... Mixed the full 2 min. 30 sec. I couldn't mix 2 packs for 2 rings at the same time if my life depended on it :mad:

Anyone mixing SpeedPress with shorter times than 2 min 10 sec. ? AND HAVING BUBBLE FREE SMOOTH PRESSING CONSISTENTLY?

Charles

I mix my speedvest for 1 minute not 2

no bubbles,good fit

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Yeah, all of a sudden had the same problem with our speedvest too.. temp outside went up and we mix at 2min 30sec and it came out like concrete.. 2 min works OK.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Going to use a 2 min. mix on my next case with Speedpress.

Paul, didn't know cooler liquid gives more expansion, that a new one for me.

ps2thtec you had to fit emax... never heard of that other than a small nodule occasionally.

rkm.... 1 minute mix and no bubbles.. good luck with that. I can't drift that far off from the directions with any investment. Do you do this year round ?

I've noticed a difference in keeping my liquid on the counter top compared to being in the cabinet where its much warmer... NC. has temps in the 90's

user name

user name

Reaction score
Charles, how many RPM are you mixing? A fast spin speeds the set.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
ps2thtec you had to fit emax... never heard of that other than a small nodule occasionally.

Right, nodules. Found them more than occasionally with speedpress.
I just find the PCI investment to be more consistent. More working time also. Had 6veneers in 200gm and I don't think I could have done it with speedpress.
Absolutely drop on clean too. And 1 min mix time.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles, how many RPM are you mixing? A fast spin speeds the set.

Slower speed with my Renfert Twister Pro ?? will check... Haven't looked at the manual in years.
I used 2.5 min. with my first case of Speedpress. I think 2 minutes will work fine, will learn tomorrow with all the emax cases I'm doing.

Last edited:
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Slower speed with my Renfert Twister Pro... Haven't looked at the manual in years.
I used 2.5 min. with my first case of Speedpress. I think 2 minutes will work fine, will learn tomorrow with all the emax cases I'm doing.

I tried Speedpress and Microstar HS but I use Talladium Universal II and have been for the past year. I also use the Twister. I think I have it set on its max rpm of 425/min. I mix the Talladium for 1 min. 10 sec. Put ring in after 20 min. bench set. I consistently get great fits without all the setting issues associated with Speedpress. And it isn't crucial to put it in the furnace at an exact time like with the Microstar. You can be late with it and still be ok.

Use same investment for alloys also.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Going to use a 2 min. mix on my next case with Speedpress.

Paul, didn't know cooler liquid gives more expansion, that a new one for me.

rkm.... 1 minute mix and no bubbles.. good luck with that. I can't drift that far off from the directions with any investment. Do you do this year round ?

I've noticed a difference in keeping my liquid on the counter top compared to being in the cabinet where its much warmer... NC. has temps in the 90's

I thought the instructions called for 1 minute? I havn't had any problems yet,15 min bench set and straight into oven....year round.....if it does call for 2 mins,do I have to change?

user name

user name

Reaction score
PressVest Speed..2.5 minutes mix @350 RPM. 30 minute bench set, into 850c oven.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I thought the instructions called for 1 minute? I havn't had any problems yet,15 min bench set and straight into oven....year round.....if it does call for 2 mins,do I have to change?

Your in a much cooler neighborhood compared to me so I can't argue with success until you start having problems. I've always followed directions until things start screwing up. If I were you, I would try a 1.45 to 2 minute mix, touch the investment to see if its at all warm. If its warm, dump out and lower the mixing time. I bet you'll see smoother pressing. Bet your 1 minute mix gives a very runny mix, and I hope the thicker mix doesn't affect your technique when flowing the investment in your patterns, I use a brush.
I've only used 1 case of PressVest Speed, so I'm certainly not the expert.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Your in a much cooler neighborhood compared to me so I can't argue with success until you start having problems."

I do most of my investing indoors however in the summer we leave the windows slightly open in the igloo :)

Seriously though I have seen temp fluctuations in my building as much as 10 degrees as the ac units malfunction.

I seem to recall the speedvest being quite thick at 2 mins and that's probably why I reduced the time to 1 min.It's been a while for me to remember.

I'm happy with the results so I'm reluctant to change the time however I may do so when I'm not so busy.

C

charles007

Reaction score
rkm... tried 2 minutes mix today and still need a little more working time. Guess I'll try 1 min 50 on my next case later today......

trianglej

trianglej

Reaction score
Look into Vacalon's Z4. it can be used for PFM's and Pressing, the benefit is that you can let an invested case sit for up to 3 weeks then just pop it into a hot furnace and you don't have to worry about dehydrating it first. Not that you would want to wait that long, it just shows the degree of setting time one could stretch it out to. Example: You just waxed an important and large case just before you leave for that "Sun and Fun Dental Convention" and need to get cracking on that case when you get back a week later. Invest that case, pop it into the Bego and split. Get off the airplane, run back to the lab, set it into your burnout, set the timer and it's ready to go the next morning. At least that how it worked over a weekend!!

P

Ppradip

Reaction score
Here in India most of the labs are using ivolcor investment for emax but after we launch ZUBLER INDIA and started selling MICROSTAR PC then they are much satisfied with the result as they are getting form microstar pc as compared to Vest press as there are minimum reaction layer

C

charles007

Reaction score
In my ep5000 I saw no difference in the reaction layer using PressVest Speed and Microstars HS.

Top Bottom